700Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8DV

Yes. Look at some of the past posts and there is a timeline for Michigan switching to 700 mhz. It is very well done.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Michigan is a broad term. Each agency as well as the MPSCS system are all separate so because what say "The State" chooses to go to 700mhz on the MPSCS system, does not mean all Public safety will do the same. The MPSCS project of lowering down 15 steps is not even completed. I have not seen anything yet from the FCC's website mandating the change down to 700mhz.

Can you give us a link showing that the FCC is mandating all public Safety is required to drop down to the 700mhz range by a certain date? I missed it.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
The State of Michigan(MPSCS) will not go entirely to 700MHz, instead they will just implement 700MHz into the tower and frequency setup. The State of Michigan's system is already capable of using 700MHz....

N8DV

There was a preliminary study issued February 11, 2008 by Dominick Acurii a consultant. The entitled Michigan Rebanding Project.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Is Michigan planning on going to 700 mhz trunked anytime?

Two of the largest hurdles that have be cleared before the MPSCS, can use the 700 MHz band, are first, a clearance from Canada, as they are working on a new treaty regarding this new frequency spectrum. Likewise, any radio systems on either side of the border may have to be retuned. Secondly, the Sprint-Nextel Rebanding Project. The latter of the two, has been extended several more months until July 1, 2009. However, this date is a mutable point, as the project has the built-in ability to file for deadline wavers from the FCC. So its anyone's guess as to when the rebanding project will be finished.

73s

Ron

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What 700MHz are they using? I don't think the state was authorized to use them yet?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Livingston County

I run Pro96com 24 hours a day and Livingston County has NEVER used 700MHZ as part of their system to date. Maybe what you are hearing is an image frequency. Take the control channel and subtract the IF frequency from it and I bet that is the 700 MHz stuff you are hearing.

Les

Yes, they do. I even have it on video. I will upload it to youtube tonight and post the link. They use frequencies around 750 - 780 MHz.

bigbluemsp

It's really hard to see so watch closely at about 44 seconds. I will upload a better video when I get a chance.

Thats a ghost freq. The dispatcher was a 2nd District MSP Dispatcher and I know the troop that asked for the hook. Most definately not a 700 frequency it's just a ghost freq.

mikey60

It's really hard to see so watch closely at about 44 seconds. I will upload a better video when I get a chance.

Definatly an image frequency. The Pro-96 has issues with images in the 700Mhz range. I found that very early on after the 700Mhz frequencies could be unlocked through Win96.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.