Icom: 7100 gps

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA8BSA

Have purchased Icom 7100. Installed GPS. GPS seems to be working and indicates my position accurately. Tune to aprs frequency can hear data being transmitted but nothing shows up on received. Any ideas?

prcguy

Check the path settings. Not sure what they should be but data won't make it through the system if the path is wrong.

Have purchased Icom 7100. Installed GPS. GPS seems to be working and indicates my position accurately. Tune to aprs frequency can hear data being transmitted but nothing shows up on received. Any ideas?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Does the IC-7100 know how to decode APRS packets? I don't think the IC-7100 has an internal TNC or APRS firmware.

Hit_Factor

When configured correctly the DPRS report will show on APRS.FI
These are the settings in my ID-5100 (RT Systems), not sure that you need these. Should be similar to the 7100.

edweirdFL

As others have explained above, the GPS add on is providing location data that the radio can then send in it's DStar transmissions and also provides a location that can be used to display the distance and direction to DStar signals received if they also include location information. There's a specific screen you need to be on to see this. This is DPRS via DStar. You may also be using a repeater or Reflector that's also configured to decode the DPRS info and pass it along to the APRS-IS feed.

If you want to use your 7100 for APRS via AX.25 packets sent on 144.390 MHz (at least in the US) one of the ways you can do this is by using something like the mobilinkd TNC with mini-DIN cable to the 7100 and then linked via Bluetooth to a tablet or phone running an APRS program.

Status
Not open for further replies.