746-806 Yagi Beams

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWR1954

I am wanting mount 4 746-806 MHZ Beams, one North,South, East & West. What I need to know is how far apart, they should be mounted. I have 4 port to hook them to. Can Someone Please help Me with This?I know the cable is supposed to be the same length, just don't know how far apart, they should mounted.I will be mounting them on a old DB224 pole. Thanks Bobby My email address is KA5JLP@bellsouth.net

jackj

I'm not sure I understand your question, do you want to achieve omnidirectional coverage or do you want to switch between antennas? It sounds like you are making a phasing harness so all the antennas will feed one piece of coax. In any case, mount the antennas a minimum of 1/4 wave length apart.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Keep in mind that you will have nulls in your omni pattern simply because of the electrical design of yagi antennas. This may/ may not make a lot of difference depending on the distance of those systems from you. Each yagi will have approx. 2 null zones. However by using low loss feedline these can be minimized.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.