• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR 7550 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,
as a amateur radio operator, I greatly enjoy dmr. I currently use a Motorola xpr 7550 with firmware version 2.06.33. I am looking to upgrade to firmware version 2.09.1. The file is no longer available on my Motorola online account. Does anyone have it? If so, in pm i can provide an email address for where to send the file.

thanks!

APX7500X2

Rumor has it you can get it from the below, You have to join and its in communications under firmware

N4KVE

Hello everyone,
as a amateur radio operator, I greatly enjoy dmr. I currently use a Motorola xpr 7550 with firmware version 2.06.33. I am looking to upgrade to firmware version 2.09.1. The file is no longer available on my Motorola online account. Does anyone have it? If so, in pm i can provide an email address for where to send the file.

thanks!
Since you’re a ham, using ham DMR freq’s, why do you want to upgrade? The FW in your radio is stable, & I use the same FW in my 4 Gen 2 radios. For ham radio use, the upgrade will give you nothing. If you were using the radio on a commercial Connect Plus Trunking System, there may be an improvement, but I’ve learned over the years “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Also I would never download FW off a foreign untrusted public site. You could end up with a brick. Do as you wish, but it’s good advice.

K2NEC

Since you’re a ham, using ham DMR freq’s, why do you want to upgrade? The FW in your radio is stable, & I use the same FW in my 4 Gen 2 radios. For ham radio use, the upgrade will give you nothing. If you were using the radio on a commercial Connect Plus Trunking System, there may be an improvement, but I’ve learned over the years “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Also I would never download FW off a foreign untrusted public site. You could end up with a brick. Do as you wish, but it’s good advice.
Why not upgrade? R2.09 ain't broke. R2.10 is broke. All my Gen 2 radios have R2.09 and I am more than happy with it. Not to mention the newer FW shows all the features available to the radio. R2.06.33 won't show you stuff like RX audio leveling and enhanced noise suppression, 2 very valuable EID's imho.

N4KVE

Why not upgrade? R2.09 ain't broke. R2.10 is broke. All my Gen 2 radios have R2.09 and I am more than happy with it. Not to mention the newer FW shows all the features available to the radio. R2.06.33 won't show you stuff like RX audio leveling and enhanced noise suppression, 2 very valuable EID's imho.
The OP stated he can not find R2.09 on the Mol site. Another poster showed a foreign site that has nothing to do with Motorola where it could be found. I agree, if he could get the FW from a genuine Motorola site, there shouldn’t be a problem. However, to attempt to download the FW from a foreign, untrustworthy site, & to attempt to install it is playing Russian Roulette with his laptop, or radio. So given the choice to stay where he is, or try FW from a foreign site, I’d stay since it works. But if the OP can get the FW he wants from his Mol account, then it would be safe to download, & upgrade.

K2NEC

The OP stated he can not find R2.09 on the Mol site. Another poster showed a foreign site that has nothing to do with Motorola where it could be found. I agree, if he could get the FW from a genuine Motorola site, there shouldn’t be a problem. However, to attempt to download the FW from a foreign, untrustworthy site, & to attempt to install it is playing Russian Roulette with his laptop, or radio. So given the choice to stay where he is, or try FW from a foreign site, I’d stay since it works. But if the OP can get the FW he wants from his Mol account, then it would be safe to download, & upgrade.
I understand that, but the way you worded your previous comment made it seem like you didnt want the OP to upgrade to R2.09 regardless of how he got the FW. If he gets it legit, I dont see why he shouldn't upgrade.

N4KVE

I understand that, but the way you worded your previous comment made it seem like you didnt want the OP to upgrade to R2.09 regardless of how he got the FW. If he gets it legit, I dont see why he shouldn't upgrade.
I guess I’m just old fashioned. If something works, I stay with it, even if there is something newer. Look at the newest Trbo CPS. It’s to be avoided at all costs. I‘m still using CPS 13.5, & FW 2.06 because it gives me features newer FW does not allow. But again, if the OP can find a genuine FW upgrade, then do it.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I guess I’m just old fashioned. If something works, I stay with it, even if there is something newer. Look at the newest Trbo CPS. It’s to be avoided at all costs. I‘m still using CPS 13.5, & FW 2.06 because it gives me features newer FW does not allow. But again, if the OP can find a genuine FW upgrade, then do it.

Color me intrigued--which features?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Fair enough. TBH Enhanced privacy will do the job but if ya want AES then AES it is

40bit RC4 Is a broke joke. Less secure than 56bit DES. I would never rely on RC4 to secure voice comms. There is a thread on RR about some idiot hams pirating a Cap+ system in Ontario. They were using RC4, thought they were secure and were owned with in days of being detected. There is even audio posted in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.