• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

7550e Data Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0WMJ

Premium Subscriber
Hello all

First I am a Ham. I am part of the local county EOC and we have been trying to figure out a way to send data via a local repeater in the area from the field back to the EOC. I have VHF 7550e. The radio has BT and Wifi.

What software or steps is needed to be set up?

Any help is needed.

Thanks KD0WMJ

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi Hunter KD0WMJ,

Welcome to Radio Reference since this is your first post even though you joined in May of 2016. Long time lurker?

Not quite clear what you want to do. You have a Motorola VHF XPR 7550e DMR HT but are you asking to transmit this data over an Amateur Radio repeater or a Public Safety (or other) repeater? You say the HT has Bluetooth and WiFi so does that mean you want to interface the HT to "something" wirelessly for transmission of that data? What are the data characteristics? Baud rate, protocol, amount, etc.? We are going to need some details to know where to begin and what direction to go in. Anything more that you can give us in specifics will be a big help.

73, Dave K4EET

KD0WMJ

Premium Subscriber
I have done some research in the past couple of days and found a SW that interfaces with Moto radios called Smart PPT File Transfer. We have a HAM repeater that can pass data via DMR. The only thing that we have been able to pass data wise is TX messages, but the sys admins and myself are wanting to pass more of messages for the field back to the EOC other then winlink. We also have 2 Public Safety Repeaters that are for the EOC and my organization to use exclusive.

The goal would be in an emergency to pass ICS 213 back and forth from IC to The EOC via DMR.

wgbecks

Yes, you can transmit data content as UDP form one DMR radio to another but you'll have to have an understanding of how to attached
to the MotoTRBO radio from your computer or local network. I don't know if there is a decent README document floating about that explains the in detail so you might want to look into Smart PTT or similar application software.

Firebuff880

Fir what you want you need a Data Interface cable on a Host Control Station Gateway and then the data gateway applications as licensed by MOTOTRBO to Application Developer Partners. We recommend the PMKN4010 programming cable plus an Ignition Sense wire. If you don't want a control station interface then you are into MSI's MNIS server software and EIDs for your repeaters. There are any number of ADP partners based in NA that can help you, including my firm. An we have many years of Public Safety service with our products. PM me if you want to talk next week. Just remember TRBO is a half duplex data implementation that can be slower than a Hayes modem if not implemented correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.