770.20625 in Sarasota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I need some help identifying the new P25 system I am hearing. The freqs are 770.20625 and 770.2125.

It says P25 98% N86E W:9254A sy:197 R065 S001

I hear it an several freqs around that range. I can pick it up with my handheld with stock antenna, but the signal is stronger with my new outside antenna.

It is not listed in the database that I have found and in the surrounding counties with P25 systems it in not part of those listed.

Thanks and happy hunting

Doug

james32746

Premium Subscriber
It is the new SLERS 700 MHz P25 overlay system currently implemented for aircraft use.

You won't hear much on it, the system so far is totally encrypted like its sister 800 MHz EDACS ProVoice system.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
is anything in the database about the system? could this be the beginning to a switch over from EDACS in the state?

ki4wbn

This is the beginning of the P25 switchover for the state....but the rest is a long way off. A lot of details are still not worked out.
One detail is whether or not SLERS will go to the 700MHz band like the aircraft sites, or stay on 800.

The SLERS database is for the most part so far out of date that it could probably be wiped clean and restarted. I know the list of sites is WAY outdated...and there are few frequencies found so far. Another issue is the fact that the 'site numbers' listed "as found on the radio" do not match up to the actual site listings numbers (might make it slightly less confusing if the database ever takes off). At least the text of the radio and text of the site do.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I am using Pro96com and it only shows 1 control channel and no others for the system, can there be voice or data if there is only a control channel and no others to trunk the traffic?

Doug

I am using Pro96com and it only shows 1 control channel and no others for the system, can there be voice or data if there is only a control channel and no others to trunk the traffic?

Doug
The data may drop out to pass voice traffic. Yes, that creates a situation where other talkgroups (if there are any) are precluded during that time and the control channel actually becomes the voice channel, but for a start-up or a very sparsely used point of presence, it might be an acceptable level of performance. Think of it like EDACS SCAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.