772.85625 nac 293

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Hearing recordings being broadcast - random sentences - looks like TriMet's new system coming off of Council Crest. Sounds really good down here in Sherwood.

Using my 396XT with my Watson Super-Gainer.

EDIT:
"They took the cross-town bus."

These are hilarious. Anyway, both on P25 Single Trunk and P25 Standard Trunk, this is the only active frequency. TGID is 1.
My error threshold is set to AUTO, but looks like the rate is between 4 and 5 on 2/5 bars of reception. AGC for both response time and reference gain are set at 0, LP Filter is OFF.

Last edited:

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
You should hear the whole string lol.

I'll also pass on the info about the signal strength - Sherwood is one of the fringe areas. Good to hear that you are receiving well with only Crest up.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I'll also pass on the info about the signal strength - Sherwood is one of the fringe areas. Good to hear that you are receiving well with only Crest up.
Considering all the obstructions near me (trees, sloped incline, taller houses than my own), I'd say it's pretty good.

Portland's 800 and 700Mhz systems don't come in as strong, however...not that they'll need them here, but you get my point.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I keep catching people doing test counts and asking if they can be heard, but at odd times. Heard someone counting around 8:30 PM last night...

- Chris

DickH

What is "single trunk" and "standard trunk" ? Are those terms specific to your 396 scanner?

I found the answer in the Motorola Forum.
"He was referring to it as P25 one-channel trunking because on the scanner we were discussing, the BCD396XT, in order to decode the digital information sent with the transmission (Talkgroup ID, Unit ID), you have to program the frequency in a system with the type designator of "P25 single-frequency trunk". Regardless of whether it's the correct terminology or not, he was using it because that's how Uniden refers to it."

Status
Not open for further replies.