774.49375 - Caldwell Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
IH-10 exit 632, Luling

Received a strong close call hit on 774.49375 with data.

FCC database shows WQKQ563 listed with 10 frequencies. How do I program a Uniden 396T to receive this system? It is not listed here on RR.

Thanks.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
IH-10 exit 632, Luling

Received a strong close call hit on 774.49375 with data.

FCC database shows WQKQ563 listed with 10 frequencies. How do I program a Uniden 396T to receive this system? It is not listed here on RR.

Thanks.

If it's a trunked control channel, it's probably P25, so program it as such. I think the 396T calls this "MOT P25." Please report back with what you find.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
So it appears to be a site on the Austin system. If your firmware is up to date, while holding on the control channel, press the FUNC button and it should display the WACN.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
So it appears to be a site on the Austin system. If your firmware is up to date, while holding on the control channel, press the FUNC button and it should display the WACN.

I will try that on my next trip through the area. I could hear the signal westbound on I10 to Seguin.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Where did you lose the signal heading west? I'm curious as to the range of this site... I'd like to try hear it from my location in san antonio when I get back from Montana.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
This is a new tower part of the Austin regional system. It was funded with PSIC grant funds. Look for it as well as the Lockhart tower and Bastrop county to go live by April

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
This is a new tower part of the Austin regional system. It was funded with PSIC grant funds. Look for it as well as the Lockhart tower and Bastrop county to go live by April

It finally got here...

Lindsay, I'm close enough in Hays County to run Unitrunker on the old Caldwell MOTO system (and I would suspect this is from the same antenna site). When I get home tonight I'll set this up to run overnight to see if any others channels are associated with it and find its peer sites and any active groups. Hell I might leave the 500 in San Marcos for a few days if this is going through testing...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Okay, UT is showing 4 active channels, 3 look to be alternate CC at this point. The lineup shows:

I'll post more en la manana.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Ok, it has picked up another frequency now (for a total of 5):

UT is showing the callsign to be WPTZ776 which belongs to the State of Texas (not surprising). The call history only shows a few logins. No voice calls.

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
I can easily pick up the site on a portable outiside from New Braunfels. I would say it's entirely possible to pick up from San Antonio with a good outside antenna...at least on the east side.

davidbond21

I can easily pick up the site on a portable outiside from New Braunfels. I would say it's entirely possible to pick up from San Antonio with a good outside antenna...at least on the east side.

Really?? Then I've just been sitting on my hands at my house in NB when I could running UniTrunker too and doing something useful for a change. I'll have to see if I can get my Pro-197 to pick it up when I get home today.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber

Now granted this is from a vehicle with a mobile antenna- but I can barely get the CC on good hilltops in northern Comal County (Like Conrads/Kohlenberg or Watson). I'd be pretty impressed if my HH was getting a good signal in downtown New B. I'll have to hear it to believe it though...

Aaron- is this with your department radio or a true scanner handheld? If it's a scanner- let me know what type of antenna you use.

Last edited:

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
From my dept issued radio

Now granted this is from a vehicle with a mobile antenna- but I can barely get the CC on good hilltops in northern Comal County (Like Conrads/Kohlenberg or Watson). I'd be pretty impressed if my HH was getting a good signal in downtown New B. I'll have to hear it to believe it though...

Aaron- is this with your department radio or a true scanner handheld? If it's a scanner- let me know what type of antenna you use.

Myles

I caught this system on close call back on 11/21/09 about mile post 633 but it was showing up as 774.500 MHz. Was just passing through so didn't have time to try tracking it. Found the 774.49375 signal when doing a search from the outlet malls near San Marcos. Wasn't sure if it was the same signal at the time. So range ring on the site details page looks pretty good. I noted getting it weak from Prime outlet. What does the "IR" mean after the site name? Sorry for not mentioning anything earlier. I'm not a frequent RR forum lurker.

Status
Not open for further replies.