780xlt [HELP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
I am having some trouble with my 780xlt software. I am wondering if someone might be able to help me out?

The problem is due to my computer not talking to the scanner. I have the software loaded in the computer. The proper 9-pin connector connnected to both the computer and scanner. The scanner has been placed in RMT [for remote]. The baud rate has been set to 19200 as per the computers request.

Here is the problem...when I go to "connect" the computer to the scanner/radio it starts to read the scanner/radio for about 15 seconds. Then the screen on the computer locks up stating that I have not selected the correct "COM Port" and to make sure I have that selected correctly. Then it asks me to check the "RMT" and the baud rate of "19200". All of course is correct as I stated above.

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Bullseye0105

Which software do you use? Is it ARC780?

If so, under the BC780 tab, select "RS232 communication setup"

Then in the windows that opens, make sure the baudrate is set at 19200 AND the correct com port selected (the com port that your serial port is connected to). If you don't know which, just try em' all until you find the good one. You can also go in your computer's hardware manager screen, somewhere in there you can look up the com ports.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I am using the the Pozilla software. Where is this rs232 function located?

Thanx for the help.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
Also how do I know I have the correct com port selected? Reason why I ask, is it is saying that I have the incorrect Com Port and that Com Port is being used by something else.

MacombMonitor

remod said:
Hello,
I am using the the Pozilla software. Where is this rs232 function located?

Thanx for the help.

I hate to be the one to tell you but Pozilla's software is crap! The only thing worse is the lack of support.

Consider Butel's ARC780.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I found that out today when I made a phone call. Go figure, one day you get something one way and the next it all changes. No biggie, I will try what you have suggested for new software. I know the 780 is outdated but just playing some trying to make it work for now.

Thanx!

MacombMonitor

remod said:
Yeah, I found that out today when I made a phone call. Go figure, one day you get something one way and the next it all changes. No biggie, I will try what you have suggested for new software. I know the 780 is outdated but just playing some trying to make it work for now.

Thanx!

I think you can still download a 30-day free trial version of ARC780.

trafficdan

Premium Subscriber
Make sure the radio is in remote mode. RMT appears on the screen when you hold the E key down for a couple seconds.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I totally agree - I wonder why Scanner Master bought the remaining stock of Winscan software. It hasn't been updated - or supported - in ages.

Scan Control is also another good package. In fact, if you decide to upgrade to the newer Uniden digital scanners, SC will handle moving the data automatically - a plus if you have more than 1 Uniden scanner.

Anyway, there are numerous packages out there that still support this fine rx - and they're listed here...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC780XLT

73s Mike

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to everyone who has helped. I found out that I have a bad COM port on my computer. All has been fixed and is now up and running.

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.