785, 796, Selecting Bank While Trunk Scanning??

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb0nly

Ok let me explain here so you know where i am coming from...

When you scanning a bunch of conventional banks you can tap the bank numbers to turn them on and off right?

Ok, when you have it scanning through banks of Trunked systems how the heck do you do that?? Cause tapping the number for the bank just ends up turning off one of the ID Lists as it doesn't show the bank list anymore.

I have read through the manual, played with the scanner, checked the menus, you name it. So far the only way i have been able to fix this problem is to connect it to the computer and run software which lets me control the scanner to turn banks on and off, then unplug everything and go back to scanning. It's annoying having to run software to access the scanner to turn banks on and off.

I know they wouldn't have made it this way, so what am i missing?? Some special keystroke on the scanner to select banks while trunking??

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Here's what I do, but I'm sure there's a "proper way" to do it... I usually am using ID scan, scanning through my scan lists:

1. while scanning in a trunked scan list, hit SEARCH button
2. select the bank you want to monitor
3. hit SCAN button to get out of search mode

Hope this helps... it may not be the correct way to do it, but it is definitely better than reprogramming it with the computer, and I can remember it easily.

Regards,

Highpockets

Ok let me explain here so you know where i am coming from...

When you scanning a bunch of conventional banks you can tap the bank numbers to turn them on and off right?

Ok, when you have it scanning through banks of Trunked systems how the heck do you do that?? Cause tapping the number for the bank just ends up turning off one of the ID Lists as it doesn't show the bank list anymore.

I have read through the manual, played with the scanner, checked the menus, you name it. So far the only way i have been able to fix this problem is to connect it to the computer and run software which lets me control the scanner to turn banks on and off, then unplug everything and go back to scanning. It's annoying having to run software to access the scanner to turn banks on and off.

I know they wouldn't have made it this way, so what am i missing?? Some special keystroke on the scanner to select banks while trunking??

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but on the 785, switching between the bank and scan list shown on the scanner you hit the (.) period when scanning a trunked system while it's saying ID Scan.

JoeyC

Use the (.) period key. It acts as a toggle switch between LIST and BANK modes. WHen in list mode each numeric key will toggle the associated list, but when in bank mode it will turn on and off banks associated with the numeric keys.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yep..highpockets is correct, this applies to the 796 also. It only took me 3 years to figure that one out. I use to do it how lebrunmn did it all the time.

K

kb0nly

THANK YOU!!!

Finally... I read the manual for the 785 and 796 like a half dozen times. Is the period key even mentioned for this function in the manual because if it is i couldn't find it even after knowing what to look for!!!

Works like a charm. Again Thanks Guys!!

JoeyC

THANK YOU!!!

Finally... I read the manual for the 785 and 796 like a half dozen times. Is the period key even mentioned for this function in the manual because if it is i couldn't find it even after knowing what to look for!!!

Works like a charm. Again Thanks Guys!!

It sure is! I don't have the 785 book handy, but in the 796 book its in the middle of page 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.