785D Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyMac

Premium Subscriber
Hello-

The question I have is, my local PD just switched over to APCO-25 Digital. They are using the same frequency but now it's digital. I just programmed it in but I am not hearing any transmissions as of yet. Do I need to program it into it's own bank?.

Thanks in advance!

xpawel15x

JimmyMac said:
Hello-

The question I have is, my local PD just switched over to APCO-25 Digital. They are using the same frequency but now it's digital. I just programmed it in but I am not hearing any transmissions as of yet. Do I need to program it into it's own bank?.

Thanks in advance!

If it's a conventional frequency then it does not have to be in a separate bank. Just make sure it is set to FM and your scanner should decode it as digital automatically.

Highpockets

JimmyMac said:
Hello-

Thanks in advance!

Not to be funny, but, do you have the apco 25 card installed in your scanner, if you do maybe you have to adjust the sound quality fine tuning on page 70 of your manual. What system are you listening to, state, county, town?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Or better yet.. Do you have the Apco-25 call installed, and ACTIVATED??

When you power up the radio, it should display APCO-25 ENABLED (or something to that effect)

JimmyMac

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. The first thing I did was to make sure the card was in the active mode. I'll make sure it's in the FM mode. I'll let you know how I make out.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Is the system you are trying to monitor a true P25 9600 Baud system or an Astro 25 3600 Baud system?

The reason being is that the 785D does not decode 9600 Baud control channels only 3600 Baud.

Phil.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
xpawel15x said:
If it's a conventional frequency then it does not have to be in a separate bank. Just make sure it is set to FM and your scanner should decode it as digital automatically.
Are you saying to pick up digital you have to be in the FM mode? What about NFM ?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
If the frequency is the same and the APCO 25 card loads on startup the scanner is ready with no other settings. IOW, the frequency doesn't change from FM to NFM.

The 96 & 2096 require no changes either...do they hear it ok?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
kennyloatman said:
Are you saying to pick up digital you have to be in the FM mode? What about NFM ?
Same thing, the point being made is that it must not be set as a "tone" type (CTCSS or DCS) mode.

To the OP:
I am guessing, based on your post history, that you are in Hamden, CT? If so please verify that you are talking about a conventional frequency and not a TRS. And if so, and 460.02500 (and others??) has changed to P25, please submit a change to the DB so we can update.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.