796 MHZ control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me out, I would like to program the 796 MHZ control channels in my GRE PSR500 but I cannot find any setup information in the user manual,is it programmed the same ways as the 800 MHZ setup and if so do I set up with the 800/900 MHZ or P25 (auto) or p25 (manual)
I have tried programming with the 796 MHz C/C and added the TGID # that I use for 800 MHz iD ,but I cannot hear any activity ,though I can hear it on the 800 MHz.
I believe I am doing something incorrect ,but I am still not sure,any help will be appreciated. I have notice the 796 MHz is fully operational now hearing activity when I do a search.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If you're talking about AFRRCS, you program it as P25 Auto, and use the 770-775 MHz frequencies shown in the RadioReference database, not any 796 MHz frequencies.

Don't put in any talkgroups for any 800 MHz systems. AFRRCS is a brand new system and doesn't have any links to any existing systems. The only talkgroup known to be in use so far is TGID #12, for system testing. No live, actual activity is ongoing on this system right now.

If you are hearing things in the 796 MHz range on your GRE scanner, you're hearing false images of 800 MHz traffic from some other radio system. GRE scanners receive the 866-869 MHz band in the 796-799 MHz region for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.