796 Screwing Up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that my 796 has started randomly mismatching TGs on my local ASTRO system. Sometimes, it will show radio traffic from the fire department talkgroup (50416) on the water department channel (50672). It's not just these two, but others as well (sanitation channel mysteriously showing up on an emergency ops channel). I checked the TGs in the memory and they were entered correctly. Meanwhile, my 996 scanning the same system is just fine. WTF?????

hai_akeeba

When this occurs, check the frequency this transmission is using. Probably a quantar hanging on that frequency. Happens frequently on the State of Delaware TRS. 3600 Moto type II with p25 CAI

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
When this occurs, check the frequency this transmission is using. Probably a quantar hanging on that frequency. Happens frequently on the State of Delaware TRS. 3600 Moto type II with p25 CAI

I have my 996 scannning the same system and sometimes they will hit on the same transmission, but only the 796 seems to mismatch the talkgroup. The system here is a fairly new (2005) ASTRO mixed-mode system (analog/digital). Strangely, it seems to only happen with the analog TGs.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
It's planned obsolesence. Soon it will stop scanning trunked systems altogether, choosing instead to only tune to the local mexican polka music station. :D

-AZ

Watch what you say about my musica, amigo! LOL... I have to agree that since I moved up from the older Unidens to my 996, I dont have as many issues in the trunking realm!

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.