796d scanner programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

1puf

Premium Subscriber
I bought this scanner. My friend programed our local freq (Nevada, Mo.) but was unable to or don't know how to program freq that I need for the RGV area of south Tx.. We head south for the winter.. Am interested in Cameron, Willacy, and Hildgo counties and citys. I really need someone to program this unit for me.. I am 78 yrs old and been a Ham since 76, but this new tech stuff has me beat.. Willing to ship scanner to someone for the help..

teufler

do you have the uniden 296d 796d software? With that, a file can be sent and imported quickly. Now the radio p[rogramming is alittle tricky in that the LRGVWS Trunking system that has all the counties that you want, hs the whole radio capacity but it should work. Give me some time to type data in but it can work.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
do you have the uniden 296d 796d software? With that, a file can be sent and imported quickly. Now the radio p[rogramming is alittle tricky in that the LRGVWS Trunking system that has all the counties that you want, hs the whole radio capacity but it should work. Give me some time to type data in but it can work.
Remember that four of the sites for Hidalgo County use 700MHz frequencies, and the 796D cannot receive or track those.

1puf

Premium Subscriber
796d

No, I don't have any software, unless it is already installed on the scanner.. I have not hooked it up to a computer yet.. Afraid I will delete all the info installed..

teufler

ok, last question, is it have the digital board installed? I have a 296d with the digital board installed..Some of the units came out withouty the board, that was an option.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
teufler you're thinking of the 785D, not the 796 - the 785's board was indeed optional, and unlike the board in the 796, it won't do 9600 baud P25 sigs...Mike

teufler

program and datadisk will be sent to Nevada address on Monday, unless you want it sent to another address. Going to your license address.

1puf

Premium Subscriber
796D

Thank you so much!! Will get my ham friend to help me with the instalation. However, Please send it to:

Bill Evans
511 N. Ash St.
Nevada, Mo. 64772

I need to update my info on QRZ.. We moved to town 3 years ago.. The old address is no longer available. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.