796D...Trying to get I-calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
I put in the Del. frequencies and get the talk groups fine. I am trying to get the I-calls too. I made sure that I turned that option on when setting the frequencies. I can see them active just not hear them. Hope someone can help. THanks

Bill

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If it's a full P25 system, the 796/296 do not get I-Calls. That feature wasn't added until the 396.

dkostrey

It works fine on my 796D. I turned the option on and entered the I-CALL wildcard TG 700000 in the talkgroup list.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
what is a icall wildcard?

What is a I-call wildcard? And how do I get it. I am new to this scanner, someone sent me the file for arc250 so I just uploaded it into my scanner. Can you take a look at it and tell me what to change?

dkostrey

In ARC250, go to trunk tab. Under ID List make sure the ICALL wildcard ID 700000 is in the trunk ID list.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
thanks

I am checking that now. do you have arc files for de? NJ? Md? Pa? if you do can you email them to me at wildbillx@yahoo.

seamusg

dkostrey said:
It works fine on my 796D. I turned the option on and entered the I-CALL wildcard TG 700000 in the talkgroup list.
The BC796D doesnot receive I calls on a Project 25 Standard System (ie 9600 bps CC), but will on a MOTII system (ie 3600 bps CC).

seamusg

wildbillx said:
On the database page it says DE. is on Mot II digital.
In the database is says Motorola Type II SmartZone. It doesnot say Project 25 Standard. If it has digital talkgroups then it is a mixwd mode or P16 system with a 3600bps control channel not a P25 (Project 25 system) with a 9600 bps control channel. Also note the database DOES NOT SAY MOT II DIGITAL

red8

The I-tacs are talk around channels on the 800 mhz mutual aid
channels that are conventional. When ever a radio goes to talk around to communicate with another radio, both radios drop out of the repeater and the range in talk around is approximately 1 to 1 1/2
miles. I was listening to my scanner the other night when one of the
narc agents contacted all of the units on the narcotics digital talk group and told them to go to I-Tac-4 Talk Around.
I guess they wanted to go to a low power frequency to continue
their surveilence.

seamusg

red8 said:
The I-tacs are talk around channels on the 800 mhz mutual aid
channels that are conventional. When ever a radio goes to talk around to communicate with another radio, both radios drop out of the repeater and the range in talk around is approximately 1 to 1 1/2
miles. I was listening to my scanner the other night when one of the
narc agents contacted all of the units on the narcotics digital talk group and told them to go to I-Tac-4 Talk Around.
I guess they wanted to go to a low power frequency to continue
their surveilence.
NOT TRUE I can watch I calls on a trunk tracker program on the regular voice channels BUT the BC 796 will not reconize them. But from what I undestand the BC396 and BC996 WILL.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
seamusg said:
red8 said:
The I-tacs are talk around channels on the 800 mhz mutual aid channels that are conventional. When ever a radio goes to talk around to communicate with another radio, both radios drop out of the repeater and the range in talk around is approximately 1 to 1 1/2miles. I was listening to my scanner the other night then one of the narc agents contacted all of the units on the narcotics digital talk group and told them to go to I-Tac-4 Talk Around.
I guess they wanted to go to a low power frequency to continue their surveilence.
NOT TRUE I can watch I calls on a trunk tracker program on the regular voice channels BUT the BC 796 will not reconize them. But from what I undestand the BC396 and BC996 WILL.
No, your mixing two questions and coming up with a wrong answer.

ITAC has nothing to do with I-Calls. (BTW, just for proper terminology, they are called Private Calls on Motorola systems.) ITAC channels are usually conventional simplex; however, in some cases they can be repeated, but they are conventional, not Trunked.

I-Calls are part of a Trunking system only.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thankyou for your help everyone. So the 796D does not receive I-calls and I have to be within a close range to get I-tac. Which I am not.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.