797-806 MHz Coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4RWS

I've searched all over for this issue to see if it's come up before but couldn't locate any discussion on it. Just wondering why the manuals for the PRO-197 and PSR-600 both state the frequency coverage, among other ranges, covers 764-960 MHz? We all know the cellular band is deliberately blocked out (God forbid we overhear someone ordering a pizza), but I noticed these two models have 797-806 MHz blocked as well for some reason. I suspect the PRO-106 and PSR-500 are the same way.

I recall someone mentioning this on Yahoo Groups but never found an answer for it. The strange thing is all the other blocked out frequency ranges are documented except for 797-806 MHz.

Randy

ibagli

It was actually available when 700 MHz was unlocked with a firmware update, but a later one took out that chunk. It's not like there's anything to listen to there, though.

KE4RWS

It was actually available when 700 MHz was unlocked with a firmware update, but a later one took out that chunk. It's not like there's anything to listen to there, though.

Yeah I realize that. But I can't figure out why any effort would have even been put into blocking that portion out if theres nothing there. These scanners cover several portions of spectrum where theres nothing to listen to but it still covers it. I guess I'm just wondering why GRE would have put any time into something so trivial & insignificant, especially when the current online manual STILL states that it covers this range.

Honestly, it's really no issue to me but merely something to ponder I guess.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.