8/8/19 - EZ Scan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Happy Thursday everyone!

There is an update for EZ Scan today for the TRX-1 &2 and WS1080/88 & WS1095/98

Changes to the TRX-1, TRX-2 PC app are as follows:
  • Fixed an issue on the conventional screen where selecting an option to convert the alpha tags to all upper case would reset the delay for those channels to 0.
  • Added a warning message when converting object alpha tags to upper case noting that it is not possible to return the alpha tags to their previous settings without editing each one individually.
  • Fixed an issue where after completing a library import using the preferred method and then returning to the county or state screens, it was not possible to return to the location select screen without restarting the application.
  • Fixed an issue where the search button was enabled on the conventional, talkgroup, and radio ID screens when no objects were present on those screens. Clicking on the conventional search button under this circumstance would cause a crash.
  • Fixed a crash when right clicking in the conventional listing when no frequencies are present.
  • Created a new Search Tab that includes options to configure all search types. All search options previously on other screens (i.e. Clear all lockouts, search record, etc.) have been moved to this area.
  • This version of the PC App will recognize both the North American and Non-North American versions of the TRX-1 and TRX-2 scanner for firmware updates. Be advised that switching between these firmware versions will change the available bandplans and reset all global options to defaults.
  • Updated help file to include information about the new search tab.

Changes to the WS1080/88 Handheld, and WS1095/98 Base-Mobile PC app are as follows:
  • Fixed an issue on the conventional screen where selecting an option to convert the alpha tags to all upper case would reset the delay for those channels to 0.
  • Added a warning message when converting object alpha tags to upper case noting that it is not possible to return the alpha tags to their previous settings without editing each one individually.
  • Fixed an issue where after completing a library import using the preferred method and then returning to the county or state screens, it was not possible to return to the location select screen without restarting the application.
  • Fixed an issue where the search button was enabled on the conventional, talkgroup, and radio ID screens when no objects were present on those screens. Clicking on the conventional search button under this circumstance would cause a crash.
  • Fixed a crash when right clicking in the conventional listing when no frequencies are present.
  • Created a new Search Tab that includes options to configure all search types. All search options previously on other screens (i.e. Clear all lockouts, search record, etc.) have been moved to this area.
  • Updated help file to include information about the new search tab.

Happy scanning!

Whistler Wendy

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again Wendy for the great continuing support.
All my program updates went well.

In the new Search tab there seems to be a bug in the "'add lockout"' part.
When i tried to enter some local paging frequencies, for example 169.650; it only shows 169.00000
Tried several other freq's and all have same issue; just the mHz part before the "."' no KHz
Also tried a ","' and "':"' as separator but no luck so far.
In the same section the "'Clear selected"' button doesnt always work for the first 5 frequencies...
Hope this can be fixed?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Please update the MANUAL, So many things have changed or been added since the TRX original release, I think it is time to revisit and update the online manual.

wmac75

Premium Subscriber
When I try to update ez scan and scanner I get reset by peer10054 have tryed two computers and cut off firewall ?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
uninstall ezscan then go to whistler, download ezscan for your model scanner and reinstall

Last edited:

AC9BX

Access to search lockouts (and other settings) ... WOO HOO .... :)thank you, thank you. This is huge. I've been asking for this for some time, one of the things I miss most in the newer radios versus my Pro-197.

(however it seems search lockouts don't work with last radio update on my 1095, I have things locked out, stops anyway, not sure though, need to test more, just first glance)

Status
Not open for further replies.