80 Causeway closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWtoSFO

Well, nobody's reported yet. Interstate 80 between W. Sac and Davis is closed both directions since just before 6 this morn. Workers interupted a burglary this morning and the suspect fired several shots at them. He's believed to be below the causeway. WSPD, Davis PD, Fairfield PD, SPD, SSD, Fish & Game, CHP Sac and Auburn, and WSFD all on scene. CHP H-20 using fleer to clear the marsh. WS SWAT deployed. Ops on W. Sac PD Ch-1. Ch-2 also in use.

NWtoSFO

H-20 departing for fuel. No other air support right now.

Original crime was on W. Capitol. Near Harbor, I think.

Last edited:

NWtoSFO

Repel equipment being setup mid causeway to lower members onto hard ground. SWAT working from the fruit stand east

9:55am; H-37 from Napa CHP overhead now, and Fish & Game is responding with a fixed wing w/ thermal imaging to assist. SWAT now on causeway moving east.

Last edited:

NWtoSFO

10:12am; PD, H-20 now pursuing a brown P/up on Co. Rd 127. Woodland PD notified to respond. This was a carjacking. Victims veh is the F150. Not a good idea to commit a crime in W. Sac right now.

10:30; Fire now responding to tc on Co Rd 127 w/ inj's. staging req. Didn't hear if the truck crashed.

Last edited:

NWtoSFO

I think they're linked. Although, a guy was also attacked from behind and hit in the head, then had his tractor taken. This happened a few minutes before the truck was carjacked.

Dragon911

Is the original suspect in burg the suspect in the now carjack?

Cliff notes;

459 suspect found in building, fires at employees and then at WSPD, 215s a White Ford PU, crashes on the 80 causeway, hotwires a farmer's tractor, then 215s another Ford PU a few miles N/E of the crash. The victim from the second carjacking left his phone in the truck, which was traced to a neighborhood in North Sac.

They currently have a perimeter setup just SW of Hwy 80 and Watt Ave. Suspect was last seen by neighbors bailing from the truck with a long gun.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I can not confirm if it was actually used, but I heard the WSPD incident commander say she was having problems with communications between the agencies on scene and said they were going to use a CHP patrol vehicle to patch the radio channels together.

CHP has the ability to patch VHF-LO, VHF-Hi, UHF and 700/800MHz channels from any CPVI equipped vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.