80% of NJSP TG's Locked Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentley

Over the past few days I have locked out about 80% of the TG's on the NJSP trunked system. It seems that I hear much more interesting chatter. I've locked out most of the parkway, turnpike, doc transportation and various other TG's . This leaves more "time" to hear southstar/northstar, marine police, and other divisions I'm interested in (bomb squad, detectives, CIB, crime lab, etc. I found that by leaving all the TG's unlocked all I would hear was MV stops and broken down vehicles which would block out major incidents. Also, there would be so much chatter on the SP system it would block out most of my conventional freq's (local PD's, FD's & County)

Anyone else do this? Am I really missing out on a lot by having them locked out?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I pretty much do the same thing except I monitor the barracks that cover my area. I also monitor B2-7, 8 & 9 (unless they are paving).

As far as DOC goes. Transportation & Parole 1 I lockout, I leave the rest open. DOC-F is usually worth Listening to.

LarrySC

With that much action on the system program every bank with select towers and seperate TG ID's as needed. I use a trunking/digital scanner with all 10 banks that way. Also the 2096 is easy to set up to hack MOT systems. Select a tower. Lock out ALL ID's except for maybe one or two. If anything new pops up it has to be a new ID. Ive found several new police systems being tested before they go on the air. Thats a GOOOOOD thing.

kb2unk

Hi LarrySC,

What do you mean by "Select Towers" when listening to the NJSP TRS? I too break up all of the Talkgroups in the order that I like to listen to them. I'm in Forked River, NJ and I would think that the closest NJSP Tower to me would be in Toms River, NJ. Am I correct?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I generally just listen to the ID's I like and keep the rest locked out, especially when mobile. I use the search function sometimes but it can get hectic. I'll use it to find something good and sit on it for awhile and so on. Good for finding new ID's and researching them.

wa2zdy

You guys lock out DOC? Retired after 24 years with them, I wouldn't listen to them either! But you never know when you'll hear something freaky out of that bunch. Convicts do some strange stuff.

I can tell you though, if something happens on a highway detail or similar work group, the officer is going to use his cell phone, not the radio.

Enjoy!

I do the same thing. Its kind of funny, here in Northern Middlesex County, we're technically covered by troop C, but the nearest tower, and pretty much all the SP do in this area (patrol 287) is covered by B, so I just program them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.