800 Greenville, local towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudpoppy

Anybody have a idea when the 800 frequencies will come on-line for the Greenville sheriff department, and local towns?

LarrySC

All the local towns have 800 except Travelers Rest. The sheriff has had 800 for about two years. Sheriff comms are heard weekly and towns maybe once a month for special ops. All of this information is in the Upstate Scanner Freq Dir. Ck w/ Masters Electronics/Car Stereo in Greenville or Harleys Electronics in Spartanburg. Masters in Greer may have them in stock.

proudpoppy

800 System

What I was wondering about is like the greer pd list a talkgroup id on the 800 system but clearly they are still using the 460.400 freq, also the sheriff dept list all the departments but they are still using the 460.500.. frequencies, I was wondering if anyone knew what the hold up is and if anyone knows when the 800 freq will be utilized, I hear little communications on the 800 freq for Greenville County. I've bought your book, may be time to get a new one
by the way Larry good job on the book, very helpful.

LarrySC

OK. It went right past me who you are. I have Senior days, not moments. Email me direct and we'll figure out a way to get a book to you. I would expect it may be years before a full changeover. The bottom line is $. They seem happy just using 800 for special ops. Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.