800 mhz antenna for Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim293

I just bought a new Pro 96 and was wondering if I would need one of the 800 mhz antenna to hear my 800 mhz freq's. On my Pro 95 I can pick up these freq's no problem. With this scanner I am unable to pick these channels up.
Thanks
JIM

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Assuming the new purchase is programmed correctly, you might just have a seriously DEAF Pro96!!!

Run a few test and see. For starters take the antenna off the 95 and put it on the 96 and vice-versa!!! Might tell you something...

jim293

It is programmed right. I put the 95 on the 96 and still nothing. All the other banks work great. This is the only bank with the 800 mhz. And the only one that does not work.
Jim

chumpy64

Premium Subscriber
800 mHz antenna.

I bought the RS 800 antenna because we have a really poor communications system in my area because the radio system and I have found that it has really help. I pretty much leave it on all the time now because it really doesn't affect the VHF frequencies that I listen to that much. As for problems picking up 800 mHz all together, I found that the Pro-96 is really, really great! I also have a Pro-92 which is still one of my favorites and it does great also for 800 mHz analog trunking. I would really double check all your programming for your 800 mHz channels if you are having a problem with it. Take it back to the store that you purchased it from and let them program it for you.

Chumpy64

Better late then never!

Status
Not open for further replies.