800 MHZ antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingzogofalbania

Premium Subscriber
I have read many recommendations to use a 800 MHZ antenna ... why is that specific frequency being stresses. Sorry, but Im a newbie, as if you couldnt guess.
Thanks
(I have a PSR 800)

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
I have read many recommendations to use a 800 MHZ antenna ... why is that specific frequency being stresses. Sorry, but Im a newbie, as if you couldnt guess.
Thanks
(I have a PSR 800)
Most public safety trunking systems are in the 800mhz range and for many, that's what they monitor the most.
If there's a particular frequency band that's important to you and/or you would like improved reception, then getting yourself a single-band antenna is highly recommended (vs. a wide-band antenna ie. what comes with the radio).

KE5TLF

...and if it's the RS 800 MHz antenna you're refferring to, it's just because it's a great little all around antenna in general. Honestly for it's relatively small size probably one of the best all around antennas ever.

RickS31

In my testing, if that's the antenna you're curious about (RS 800 Mhz rubber ducky), the antenna improved the 800 MHz trunked systems in my area by about 10-15% over the wide band antennas included with the scanner. Since most public safety radio systems operate in the frequency range, this may help make it more readable for you.

No guarantees though as there are other factors as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.