• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

800 Mhz Quesition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPERT20906

Can all 800 radios go all ove the county, I sometimes here MONTGOMERY COUNTY FIRE dispatch telling some units going to m. aid to another county to switch to [their channels]. Then I was wondering if all of them can do it [do not remember hearing rescue 2 units doing it or not]

Thanks & God bless you all & PLEASE keep safe going to emergency calls.

Bob

KCChiefs9690

CQ DX
Well agencies have all of their mutual aid talkgroups or frequencies already programmed. If it was 800 MHz trunking, they will just switch the radio to the other agencies talkgroup, and that's it.

If the mutual aid department is on a different band, they use a whole different radio.

I hope this answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.