800 MHz Rebanding Impact on Uniden Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Voyager said:
PRO-(20)96: REPROGRAM - REPROGRAM - REPROGRAM - REPROGRAM

Any other model with 6 table capability wil be the same.

As for the Motorola radios, look at the links in the rebanding thread. Only the newer stuff will have SW upgrades/flashes available. MTXs, GTXs, and Spectras are too old. XTSs and XTLs are OK.

Joe M.

RS: What about the Pro-95, and the Pro-92 (I think it is too old, so maybe not.)

MOT: That sucks!

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
scanfan03 said:

Tell that to your nearest M dealer with $$$ signs in their eyes...

Imagine a fleet of, let's say, 2000 mobiles and 5 times as many portables (typical large city Fire/EMS/police fleet). All those MCS2K's, Spectras (Spectrae? Spectri? er whatever), MTS2K's, etc., all needing to be replaced in the next year or two, and it's under your contract.

That's what I think some places in my local area will be looking down the barrel of shortly.. only a handful of folks have XTS portables, and no one has mobiles newer than the MCS2K.

Voyager

scanfan03 said:
Voyager said:
PRO-(20)96: REPROGRAM - REPROGRAM - REPROGRAM - REPROGRAM

Any other model with 6 table capability wil be the same.

As for the Motorola radios, look at the links in the rebanding thread. Only the newer stuff will have SW upgrades/flashes available. MTXs, GTXs, and Spectras are too old. XTSs and XTLs are OK.

Joe M.

RS: What about the Pro-95, and the Pro-92 (I think it is too old, so maybe not.)

If those scanners support 6 tables, you should be fine. If not, it will depend on what frequencies the system uses when the change is made. You may luck out and all will be in one table - on which case you will only need to use one table.

Joe M.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
hotbob62 said:
Concerning the BC785D and BC250D scanners, Will these scanners still be useable when the rebanding is done?
Bob
Since the BC785D and the BC250D were not *specifically* mentioned in the orginal posting as radios that could be upgraded .. I would venture a guess here that these are to be included in the "Older Models" catagory.

All is not lost! One can never have enough radios. Since they are already paid for, why not just put them into service as conventional scanners?

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know about the Standard GX 5800Ts? Man this rebanding sucks! Why don't they kick Nextell off of the PS bands in the first place, it would make more sense, but stupid FCC and money, they want that green.

jpm

nextel reimburse us too

why doesn't nextel pay us for these scanners we all just purchased with the nonsense here. the only interference is the dang edacs system i monitor.
HEY NEXTEL ARE YOU LISTENING.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Nextel is not to blame. They are on valid frequencies licensed to them by the FCC for business use (frequencies they paid billions for to the US governement). It is the FCC that set-up the bandplan that mixed high power base stations in with low power mobile public safety. Everyone wants to blame Nextel but think about this. They did nothing wrong. They supported the rebanding which Motorola by the way was agaisnt.

Voyager

northzone said:
It is the FCC that set-up the bandplan that mixed high power base stations in with low power mobile public safety.

High power base vs low power mobile? I think not. Both are high power base stations mixed with each other, and there is no NexTel in the NPSPAC band (866-869 MHz) - that's exclusive PS domain.

Joe M.

suttles1972

Re: nextel reimburse us too

jpm said:
why doesn't nextel pay us for these scanners we all just purchased with the nonsense here. the only interference is the dang edacs system i monitor.
HEY NEXTEL ARE YOU LISTENING.

If you want the honest answer, "Because Nextel isn't concern about this rebanding and it's effect toward scanner hobbyist. Public safety and it's 800 mhz systems are Nextel's ultimate concern".

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Re: nextel reimburse us too

suttles1972 said:
Public safety and it's 800 mhz systems are Nextel's ultimate concern".

You're half right, they don't care about PS one bit. They see 800 falures as ways to sell them more nexhells.

fireant

I know this is a uniden forum but what about the pro 95 and the pro 97 have both and the 246 but luckly on the 246 can do it on the computer. Will the 95 and 97 have to be sent in to upgrade?? Don't like the idea of sending my scanner in to be fixed hopefully we can upgrade these are selves any one have any idea??? I emailed Gre but they won't respond.

fireant

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This thread is wandering way far off of the topic.

The topic was and is Uniden's answer to the rebanding of the 800MHz band in relation to public safety and SMR providers (primarly Nextel). If you have other questions you will have to start another topic as this one is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.