800 MHz Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob123

Does anyone know in the current FCC rebanding on the 800Mhz will affect Clark County ?
I have invested countless hours programing my scanners with the aid of software and manual inputs . I dred the idea of starting over agian not to mention making some of my radios obsolete.

Billybob

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Checked only the Clark County trunked system. Yes, it will be affected by rebanding. Quick way to check is to see if any of the freq's are >860MHz.

scnnr

billybob123 said:
Does anyone know in the current FCC rebanding on the 800Mhz will affect Clark County ?
I have invested countless hours programing my scanners with the aid of software and manual inputs . I dred the idea of starting over agian not to mention making some of my radios obsolete.

Billybob

I think if I lived down in the States, the " Big" question for me would be how long do I have before the rebanding will effect me. If I thought that it wasn't going to get around to affecting me for another 2 or 3 years I wouldn't be to uptight about it. I mean Jeepers guys, some of us buy new scanners almost every year. :wink:

Junior1970

So far the only scanners that will be obsolete with rebanding will be the ones tracking Motorola Type II since the data channel the scanner reads will send to the wrong channel. Since EDACS has LCN all that will be needed is an updated LCN with the new rebanded freqs.
Here in Utah it appears that the UCAN system, a Motorola Type II, will be the first major system in the nation to reband shooting for a May, 2007 timeline. Unfortunately only my Pro-96 will survive the change with a firmware update but I plan on keeping my Pro-95 to monitor the NSRS while on my trips to NV. Not to mention the conventional channels still in use in both states.

I think the scanning community will be waiting to see what happens when a major system is rebanded and the timeline is subject to change (it's already 18 months past the first timeline) so I wouldn't worry about the SNACC system as of yet. I suspect multiple bugs to be worked out before more happens.

chrialex

I have a question. As I stated in another thread, I am new to the scanning world and am at a lost when it comes to rebanding. Will it only affect the trunked systems or will ALL freqs be changed. I live in Grant County, WI and the main freqs I listen to are between 153.935-155.925. I have the following Pro's: 57, 82, 2018, 95. I am looking at getting the 528 or 97. Any plain-english-complete-idiots-guide info would be great.

sigint1

Was: joking
Shouldnt be too bad on reprograming - unless an agency decides to change talkgroups around at the same time the only thing that should chenage are the frequencies that the system operates on.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
P25, EDACS, and LTR systems can simply be reprogrammed. Motorola Type II systems will require either the entry of extended trunking tables (PRO-96 and PRO-2096 only), updated firmware (most current Uniden models), or complete scanner replacement (everthing made before 2003). Standard disclaimer: Until a Motorola system is actually rebanded, there can be no guarantee that any scanner, past, present, or future, will operate on thoses systems after rebanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.