800 MHz SYSTEM TYPE 420F

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Greeting,
I was monitoring my general radio receiver (radio shack PRO 163 and 164) the other day and noticed a salt lake license was using a system labled 420F
I tried with no success, to program there control channel frequency to monitor all motorola frequencies.
Can anyone advise me on how to do this task.
Chris
Layton, UT

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's probably a P25 trunked system, not Motorola analog.

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
It is a P25 - No Control Channel is used.

I listen to it all the time with my SDS100 (very interesting during the recent riots) I program it as system type
"Motorola" and then simply enter the frequencies for each site. The only site I can pick up from my location (Stansbury Park/Erda) is the Little Farnsworth Site 002. It's all in the RR Utah Trunking section.

kirkco

Premium Subscriber

I listen to it all the time with my SDS100 (very interesting during the recent riots) I program it as system type
"Motorola" and then simply enter the frequencies for each site. The only site I can pick up from my location (Stansbury Park/Erda) is the Little Farnsworth Site 002. It's all in the RR Utah Trunking section.
Very sorry...I was looking at my PS (AC33) system not PW (420F). I believe that 420F "stuff" in now on the same system as Public Safety - AC33. 420F is probably depreciated (or held for emergency/backup use only).

ecps92

AC33 is also a Type II per the DB

Very sorry...I was looking at my PS (AC33) system not PW (420F). I believe that 420F "stuff" in now on the same system as Public Safety - AC33. 420F is probably depreciated (or held for emergency/backup use only).

mrlthse

It's probably a P25 trunked system, not Motorola analog.
Greeting,
I thought P25 was a digitial encrypted system,
So, If I can here there traffic on my Radio Shack analog receiver
What does that mean,
and therefore, what is this Sys 420F program.
If possible I'd like to give your there callsign and maybe possible have the group listen also.
Footnote: I can receive all 20 channel (One Controller freq) but not tracked in any way, So, I listen to only one frequency at a time.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
System 420F-Salt lake County Public Works, is alive and well. Trash/recycle is the primary user during the weekday. County Road Crews are also active on this system, as well as SL Co Senior services transport. There a few other user occasionally, and it was reported many years ago, that the Sheriffs Office could use this system as a backup if needed. It is a Motorola Analog and the control channel changes at midnight (857.7125/858.7125). It has been discussed in the forum about the SDS100's problems with tracking this system.

ecps92

P25 is not an encryption system. However P25 can be Encrypted, just as Analog could be encrypted

Greeting,
I thought P25 was a digitial encrypted system,
So, If I can here there traffic on my Radio Shack analog receiver
What does that mean,
and therefore, what is this Sys 420F program.
If possible I'd like to give your there callsign and maybe possible have the group listen also.
Footnote: I can receive all 20 channel (One Controller freq) but not tracked in any way, So, I listen to only one frequency at a time.

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the clarification on 420F - I can't get anything from that tower in my location. However, I'm listening to garbage services (example talk groups 57216 & 57088 ), water (56000 & 56224) and heck I even get the airport janitors etc. on AC33 right at this moment. So I'm satisfied. I think it (AC33 and maybe 420F) is really a Type II (probably Type IIi) using a P25 CAI interface. Make sure you have a good band plan entered (that was my issue early on). I think this will all change again in the next couple years as the state moves to Harris P25 equipment.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
There appears to be some confusion in this thread between AC33 (Salt Lake City Public Service) and 420F (Salt Lake County Public Works). They are two separate systems.

mrlthse

Greetting,
After reading your comments I printed out the RR info and looked for this site 02,
Can you tell me more, I can not find the control channel listing.

mrlthse

There appears to be some confusion in this thread between AC33 (Salt Lake City Public Service) and 420F (Salt Lake County Public Works). They are two separate systems.
Well long time no talk to,
I trust your are doing well
Now to the business of monitoring,
Can you tell me more about this AC33 verses the 420F systems
Thanks

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
It has been a while. Since we last talked (I believe) my wife and grandmother passed away and i quit my job (retired). So now I am devoting more time to my radios.
Monitoring business - AC33 is for Salt Lake City. Lots of city traffic and groups. The Airport is also on this system. The airport has a separate site, but the traffic is often carried on both sites.
420F is for some County operations. Most (90%) of what is in the RR database is correct. I am still compiling info before submitting any corrections.
Does that help?

kirkco

Premium Subscriber
Greetting,
After reading your comments I printed out the RR info and looked for this site 02,
Can you tell me more, I can not find the control channel listing.
I generally pull data from RR but cross reference its accuracy via active license data by area or licensee (in this case, the City of Salt Lake) using FCC Search etc. I also use SDR software to pull data streams (I haven't been doing that too long so still learning). In the case of AC33, the RR shows two "sites" 001) Salt Lake City Ensign Peak and 063 Salt Lake Airport with no location given.

In reality, "Site 001" is actually Farnsworth Peak as verified in the License KNJU695 and the fact I can receive it from my location.
If you look at the license data for KNJU695, Farnsworth Peak is "Location 002" - I call it a "Site" in my favorites descriptions to help me track licenses too.

There is actually (at least) another license that is active for SLC Public Safety WNYR765 witch has a site/location on City Creek Peak and is not in the RR database. I can't pull data off that site to verify anything as I live too far away.

The Control Channel for Farnsworth Peak (Site 001, location 0002 in license KNJU695 is as listed 860.9625 but could change...so program in all frequencies)

AC33 is also linked to Utah Communication Authority (UCA) system 7202 & 643E - so they can talk to other jurisdictions as-required (emergency/interops/air med ) - so you may hear SLCPS talk groups in those system occasionally too.

mrlthse

It has been a while. Since we last talked (I believe) my wife and grandmother passed away and i quit my job (retired). So now I am devoting more time to my radios.
Monitoring business - AC33 is for Salt Lake City. Lots of city traffic and groups. The Airport is also on this system. The airport has a separate site, but the traffic is often carried on both sites.
420F is for some County operations. Most (90%) of what is in the RR database is correct. I am still compiling info before submitting any corrections.
Does that help?
It looks as if you and I still have the same primary goals, (monitoring the radio system of our area.)
I am now looking at the SYS mode and how they apply.
Do you know al the systems and how they work with each others
I have alway just monitored 7202 as a prime,
Now I see there is more, I'd like to understand them better.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
There is A LOT more in the valley/area besides 7202. It is prime, but not all.
Many TG's in AC33 are linked with 7202, and vice-versa. Those are the only two systems I've found that are linked.

mrlthse

The bad thing on my part is that some of the signal power is not reaching my residence,
But I would surely like to learn as much about the system and talk group as possible,
Do you know how I can do this?
Do I just do my FCC research and try to match them up or what?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
A ton, but most are dmr or nxdn, p25, and a few Motorola type 2 mostly , I live in Price Utah, but when traveling to the valley , I get overloaded with sites , communications and frequency use, we couldn’t even begin to list them all, RR doesn’t even have everything, and it’s hard to find out what frequencies belong to whom at times cuz there is no license..

Status
Not open for further replies.