800 Mhz trunk radio type of scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

What scanner out of the list is best for 800 Mhz trunk radio?I will pay anywhere from $200 to $800. My scanner was drop on the ground and no longer works in a proper way.So I have to upgrade now.

Pro-96
BCD396T
BC250D
Pro-94
BC246T

Out of the 5 scanners what works best for picking signals up and filtering out talkgroups or frequencies.

Some say the Pro-96 and BC250D you get lots of frontend overload and the attenuator should be on.What about batteries or radio reception.Other talkgroups or frequencies bleeding in.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
The selection is largely a matter of opinion. I would go with the BCD396T, based on your list. If you don't need digital capability, the BC246T is also nice, and you will save some money.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a 396 as an upgrade to my 250. I live near DFW airport between Ft Worth and Dallas. Never any overloads on my 250, but I always used the stock antenna and was happy with the reception. It works well with the many trunked systems in the area.

So far I have found the 396 to be a nice upgrade. I don't have many digital systems to work with yet, but wanted the flexibility of dynamic memory. 250 was a struggle to setup and keep organized, but once done it doesn't change often.

If you decide on a 250 I am selling mine, including the ARC250 program key.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.