800 mhz Yagi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlh

B.K., I always had excellent results with the UHF corner reflector which had been removed from a TV antenna. Very easy to setup, nothing to build.

VintageJon

Work/Plans continue on 866 MHz 15 element. THink it is not that difficuct - try Google for
Yagi-Udi Antenna and I think you'll Have Joy.

Generally Driven Element is 1/2 wave, reflector is + 1/8, 1st director is is -1/8, every other refelctor is -5% of 1st reflector.

Spacing is 1/8 wave for 1st Director and Reflector and 1/4 wave for all addition reflectors
though 2nd through X relectopr spacing is not critical, within reason, for Receive Only Applications.

(If you figure 300/MHz you get Wavelength in Meters, in case you didn't know... )

BE SURE the Driven Element is disconnected from the other elements in a Yagi.

"It is far easier to make a "side-scan: than an "end-fire" array with a Yagi-Uda"
Not abad thing for receving ant... If they turn out to be side scan then just build two with switch! That's the current plan here.

In the 11M band I find it is "far easier to build a boozuka" i.e. shoots out both ends with
"Moon-Raker" 4 -element X 2 horz/vert. But this is a transmission array and not an 800 MHz receive-only array....

-Jon

jlh

oilmillcharlie said:
I think I have one somewhere. Will give it a try. Any hookup info would be appreciated.

Thanx,
B.K.

Remove the corner reflector from the larger VHF portion of the antenna. Mine was attached with two screws. There should be two screws for connecting the lead-in. Use a standard 75/300 ohm matching transformer to connect the coax to the antenna. Mount the antenna pointing toward your target so that the elements are vertical, instead of horizontal as they would have been originally. If you have the rotor from the original antenna, use it to aim the antenna as needed.

You may also be interested in this thread :
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25310

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.