800mhz external antenna for DTRS systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csgaraglino

M in Colorado and we are one DTRSPhase I system and I have a RS PRO-652 in my office and it seems that my iMac & MacBook Pro is causing some resception issues. With the iMac off and the laptop moved out - I get great resception, but with them on - not so much.

So I'm looking to get an external 800mhz antenna to run out the window (I guess) to see if this will help. I have to keep it small, my HOA does not allow antennas that's have not been approved by them, and that process is painful (and costly) at best.

I have looked o line, but it seems that there as many antennas as available talkgroups!

Thoughts?

marksmith

The antenna might help some, but as long as the computer remains on and in proximity to the scanner, you will still get generated noise.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Firemantincan

I'm also looking for an external DTRS antenna. I have a few questions about which ones are the most reliable and what kind of feed line should I use.

I'm replacing some older VHF equipment for some 800 MHz DTRS equipment. It appears that the VHF antenna is currently not positioned correctly possibly because of high wind.

There are two other antennas mounted to the same mast. One is an 800 MHz Yagi for TX and RX and the other is a VHF Rx antenna. Is there a certain distance that the antenna should be from the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.