800mhz not listed on database

Status
Not open for further replies.

nautlynch

858.9375 conventional is not listed in the database conventional or trunked - and I can hear both sides (police mobile and dispatch) of conversation - and it's very, very clear - absolutely no static. I'm wondering what.......

edit = I see that it's Clark County Washington and it's supposed to be trunked. I wonder why it's so much more clearer than Portland. It's as if they are transmitting from next door.

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
858.9375 conventional is not listed in the database conventional or trunked - and I can hear both sides (police mobile and dispatch) of conversation - and it's very, very clear - absolutely no static. I'm wondering what.......

edit = I see that it's Clark County Washington and it's supposed to be trunked. I wonder why it's so much more clearer than Portland. It's as if they are transmitting from next door.

You're probably not in an overlap area of the simulcast system. You're hearing one tower rather than 2 at a time. That makes things either a lot clearer, or a lot less clear depending on your location.

nautlynch

Why am I able to hear both sides of the conversation if it's supposed to be trunked? I found this searching for: Service Search/Racing.

Aren't the Simulcast control frequencies supposed to have no modulated audio but rather sound like a motorboat or something?

Last edited:

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
Why am I able to hear both sides of the conversation if it's supposed to be trunked? I found this searching for: Service Search/Racing.

Aren't the Simulcast control frequencies supposed to have no modulated audio but rather sound like a motorboat or something?

You were probably hearing both sides because the units weren't letting the repeater timeout. All repeaters (trunked or not) have a delay, technically called a hangtime, before they close. Portland's 800 system has a very short hangtime so the repeater timesout usually as soon as people stop transmitting. But in other county's such as Washington/Clackamas and Clark, it is set for something like 1 second. So people will be able to jump in and hold it open.

And 858.9375 is not a control channel on clarks system. The Control channels are listed in red in the database and have a lower cased "c" after them like this, 859.76250c 859.93750c 860.76250c 860.93750c. Those are the only frequencies you will hear the motorboat or engine sound on.

nwassist

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Silk/1.0.13.81_10003810) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 Silk-Accelerated=true)

You can tell also by the tone that the frequency has on it. Sometimes it registers as a PL tone but it is the connect tone for a trunking system. On some scanners the tone 103.5 is really the connect tone 103.55 hertz. In a big metropolitan area that has a bunch of different trunking systems, this is another way to identify a system. On the Pro 106, it tells you a connect tone also.

Status
Not open for further replies.