800MHz rebanding "complete" MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
So, rebanding is completed, meaning any non-rebanded frequencies in the database including SDPD PRT Repeater, are no longer valid. I am guessing PRT Repeater may be a new 700MHz encrypted simplex frequency. Ugh.

SDBud

So, rebanding is completed, meaning any non-rebanded frequencies in the database including SDPD PRT Repeater, are no longer valid. I am guessing PRT Repeater may be a new 700MHz encrypted simplex frequency. Ugh.

After MANY hours of monitoring the SWAT downtown, NO effort was ever made to move SWAT off Patch.

Maybe because SO MANY other agencies (FBI, Fed Marshalls, NCPD, CVPD, maybe others) were involved, BUT..

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
SWAT is working on CENTAC, other agencies are working on SECURE 3. SDPD Patch and LE S Command are what the patrol units on traffic posts and whatnot are working on. Searching 700 and 800 bands, no PRT Repeater or simplex traffic, encrypted or not, being monitored at the scene.

Paul

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber

Good info! In the last couple of years I've been deleting all the mutual aid frequencies above 861+ MHz's from my scanner files. As I've done so I was thinking, is this a little too soon? This especially in areas close to Mexico, like my Arizona and New Mexico files, not just my San Diego/Imperial County files. California OES or other entities in the state had a few of these as well, unique to the state.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Seems they were working SWAT 1 and PRT Repeater radio traffic on CENTAC instead of the normal channels, and I left the scene before they unpatched Patch and LE S Command, so it is possible they simply were not using a simplex channel for that Marquez incident.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.