800mhz unit problems on BC700A

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5sdh

Need some help, My BC700A works fine on all bands except 800Mhz. I can not pick up any control channel from anything further off than 4 miles. There is a front end board marked "800 Unit" that apparently has a problem. Has anyone had a problem with this and if so what was the fix? I checked power supply voltages and the bandswitching voltages and I see no problem there.
And finally, does anyone have a service manual that I may use to repair this thing?
Thanks!

kskarma

Similar thread...and problem....on BCT-8

Look at the thread I started a few weeks back about service on a BCT-8. Not the same problem exactly, but a very simple fix..

I also have a BC-700A scanner seems to be 'off-frequency' a bit...the audio is scratchy on 800Mz as well as other bands too. I've opened up the bottom of the unit and I see about 4 places with screwdriver adjustments on them...what looks like tuning slugs.. The BCT-8 had only ONE pot to adjust, so hard to go wrong with that..! I've thought about marking the pots...and then 'tweaking them..one at a time'...to see if I could make the audio change at all...

I don't know if Uniden has released any of their service manuals or not. If one turns up, I'd sure be interested in having a copy....

Status
Not open for further replies.