Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Just a minor curiosity. 820.3750, it is a data channel being received in Asheville on a Pro 197 doing an open tune search. No record in R.R. or F.C.C. files, no hit in a Google search. 865.3750 only records Choice Phone operating in Guam, haaa. With a tune search I have the ability to go down to 820.3625, nothing there, or up to 820.3875, nothing there. Any ideas??

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought - and you've probably already considered it - but, could it possibly be an image?
Also, if you can locate the transmitter, that might confirm (or rule out) something.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

AlphaFive

Its a little odd, the Pro 197 has an I.F. spread of 21.4 initially, that didn't work out. I tried old expired F.C.C. files, had the same result, (Guam), For a quarter of a nano second, talk groups will flash on the screen, but I can't catch them. If anyone has a common image calculation to use, let me know, I'll try it. Thanks everybody for the reply.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Maybe there's a band opening to Guam today . . . Just kidding.
Since you described it as a "data channel," I'm assuming it transmits continuously. If so, are you able to remove the antenna, and get close enough to the transmitter that you can still receive the signal?

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
I'm driving, and can't look it up, but if you get a chance, see what's in the neighborhood of 863.175 MHz.

AlphaFive

Haaa, that's good, Guam. Anyway, no, I have a permanent array of discones firmly attached in my attic. I'll just count 820.3750 as one of those anomalies to always keep in mind. This is why I am addicted scanning, you just never really know what you will come across day to day. Thanks again, and take care everybody.

AlphaFive

ref 863.1750, no luck on the license front, unless I'm out west. Went up to 863.1750 with the tune search, nothing there. But it was worth a shot anyway, Thanks again

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Do you know the coordinates of your monitoring station? I'm not asking for them, just wondered if you knew them.
If not, I can give you a site that will provide them based on your street address. There's a map so you can fine tune it as well.
If so, go to the FCC/ULS page and put in your coordinates, use the GeoSearch feature, within a certain radius, and limit your frequency range to, say 800-900 MHz.
You may get quite a bit back, considering your general area, but a lot of it can be tossed out.

AlphaFive

Thanks to the help I received, I am happy to report that 820.3750 is assigned to the spectrum licensed to Nextel License Holdings 1, WPLM667, for the Asheville market. I used the Geosearch as suggested, and it worked. It provided information that never came up using a standard file search. Pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.