8200mk3 - can't activate "Scan bank link"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I defined SCAN-GROUP 1 to scan certain banks. Ditto for SCAN-GROUP 2. But I can't figure out how to activate either of these scan groups.

According to the manual, I PUSH F PUSH SCAN, then choose my scan group. Then I PUSH Ent.

Then I PUSH SCAN, expecting my scan group to take effect. But it doesn't...it just scans whatever memory bank was previous active. It seems to completely ignore my "chosen" scan group. What am I doing wrong?

Fast1eddie

Friend, I do not have my radio or manual with me but did you select the appropriate Scan Group utilizing the Pass key??

I am located outside of Pittsburgh, and I could care less of the Steelers and Pittsburgh, drop me a PM and we'll go from there.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ok, I figured it out. Turns out when you start scanning, you must manually select one of the banks that's in the scan group. Then the scan group will take effect.

Scan was stuck on 'h', which was not in my scan group. As soon as I manually selected E, which was part of my scan group...then it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.