Status
Not open for further replies.

arpilot

I've been listening to a conversation that comes up on my MOT: as 8501 for AWIN. Anyone know what agency that might be?

Thanks

poppafred

I keep my wildcards open and save anything new that pops up. I have several that RR's page on AWIN does not list. There seems to be several in my area that are used for talk around, no specific agencies identified yet but I keep listening. Since I use Win500, I edit them after saving to flash the LED and double chirp. That way I know to pay closer attention to what is being said.

Part of the lure of scanning!

wbswetnam

I've heard this one several times recently off of the Batesville tower, too. I'll keep listening...

wbswetnam

I heard some traffic on 8501 yesterday. It sounded like police surveillance, some kind of stake-out perhaps.

wbswetnam

More info from 8201

Today I heard a conversation mentioning "Midway Bridge", "Lakefront" and "Christopher". Yesterday one user on the channel remarked "I like to get them coming off of 25". Could this be somewhere around Quitman, maybe?

arpilot

I've been listening to them again tonight. Nothing to specific. They don't check in with a "dispatch". Some sort of agency talk around or something and yes in the Quitman/Heber Area. Just can't narrow down.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I've heard this as well but, like the others here, am unable to pin down who or what it is...

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

wbswetnam

8501 is identified!!!

I've been listening to the mysterious 8501 for several hours, and I can definitively say it is the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office. While 17201 is for Cleburne County OEM, the SO has it's own channel on 8501. I will submit this to the RR database directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.