853.3500 motorola control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what system this belongs to but did a chain search with my bc250d and saw this motorola control channel decode several ids with no voice traffic. Checking the fcc database it comes back to a set of frequencies assigned to the town of bablyon for highway/town services. Tried entering the system as a type2,type1,and by doing control channel only plans 1-4. No talkgroup ids?? Can anyone shed some light on how can I get this system to come live??

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Check this:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1011

It's an LTR Multinet. So you won't track it - but it's likely analog audio and you could here it. The reason the frequencies are different is because you found one of the rebanded frequencies.

FCC DATA: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Uls...Loc=15302794&licKey=2690132&archive=&x=12&y=9

- the 852/853 freqs are the rebanded channels
- the 867/868 are the pre-rebanding channels

Since it's LTR, they will have a specific LCN order as well - but since you can't track it because it's multinet, it won't make a difference.

Anyway, if you wanna listen to it, plug them all in and listen conventionally. They may or may not transmit periodic short bursts on the audio channels. If you had a tap on your scanner maybe you could use LTR Analyzer or Unitrunker or something to get a better grip on the system. Otherwise, not much is said about it in the RR DB, probably because it isn't trackable on today's scanners.

Mike

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
so what you are saying is even though my 2 scanners one being the psr500 showed it to be a motorola control channel and I saw motorola type talkgroups being displayed that its really an ltr-multinet?? Wouldnt it show me some type of home repeater channel/system info??!!!!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
so what you are saying is even though my 2 scanners one being the psr500 showed it to be a motorola control channel and I saw motorola type talkgroups being displayed that its really an ltr-multinet?? Wouldnt it show me some type of home repeater channel/system info??!!!!

Hmm, just listen to it and see if it is a constant control channel type data that you hear. The reasons I suspected it was multinet is because the DB lists the system as such _and_ the PSR-500 oftentimes will improperly detect the type of data going across when in search mode. It's not uncommon for me to use TUNE for instance on the PSR-500 and come across some control channel _or_ subaudible data and have it display (and retain) that information on the screen. Of course, the latest updates for the PSR-500/600 that came out within the past week are supposed to fix that.

So just listen to it - if it's constant nonstop data, then it won't be LTR. I was thinking that it could have just detected a transmission on an LTR system and misidentified it (because it didn't hear it long enough, because of interference, etc.) as being actual control channel data such as Moto / EDACS / P25.

If it indeed is constant, then you may have something new that you and others in the area want to listen to - such as possibly the Babylon system being converted to different architecture.

Mike

cg

Premium Subscriber
If I recall, the LTR Multinet II data channel is not an audible data noise but is an open carrier. The Multinet II data channel can be used for voice in an all channel busy instance where other systems cannot. (I don't know about the newest Multinet P25)

Motorola 3600, 9600, EDACS 4800, 9600, and MPT1327 use audible data channels.
LTR-NET and Multinet II use "open carrier" type data channels.
LTR & Passport use data that is below the audio (subaudible). The channels are usually marked by repeated key ups.

chris

D

DaveNF2G

Hmm, just listen to it and see if it is a constant control channel type data that you hear. The reasons I suspected it was multinet is because the DB lists the system as such

The first piece of information - hearing data - is why your reason for suspicion is invalid - the RRDB is obviously wrong.

When there is a conflict between somebody's database (including mine) and what is actually being heard over the scanner, always bet against the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.