8600 "hold" not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

when scanning, i have the "resume time" set to "hold", but the 8600 continues to scan before the transmission is over.

Anyone else experiencing this? In the last firmware update, this function was added "HOLD" has been added as a setting item for the Scan Pause time."

Seems to be broken. Very frustrating

N1FKO

Premium Subscriber
Resume time is how long the radio waits after the transmission ends before it continues to scan. Good for catching replies. You want to set the pause time to HOLD (turn dial A) to stay on the frequency as long as the transmission continues.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, and i understand the pause time to resume and i do have the "resume time" set at HOLD, but the in the middle of a transmission, the 8600 starts to resume scanning

N1FKO

Premium Subscriber
I may not have expressed it well the first time around, please let me try again.

There are two different functions, Resume Time, and Pause Time. You say you have set Resume Time to Hold, but that's not the one you want. You want Pause Time.

Resume Time is set by clicking Dial A, touching Resume Time, and turning Dial A to set a value.

Pause Time (the one you want) is set by only turning Dial A. You want to set this one to Hold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.