88 dist88 di....enc

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Got my first "ENC" communication last night on this SAFET talkgroup: 88 DIST88 DI on my BCD396XT. Very active. This scanner normally doesn't even stop on these. But I caught it and pressed "HOLD".

jerk

Got my first "ENC" communication last night on this SAFET talkgroup: 88 DIST88 DI on my BCD396XT. Very active. This scanner normally doesn't even stop on these. But I caught it and pressed "HOLD".

all law enforcement is encrypted in District 88 (Washington County)
Almost every other radio in the county for use on Safe-T has the capabilities as well.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
That would so suck if every township was like that. Hopefully that day won't come at least in my area. We're tax payers who pay their salaries and I believe we have a right to know what's going on but I also see the argument about the "bad guys" listening and taking it to their advantage of knowing where the police are at. WAIT a minute.....that's the county south of me...Washington, which is south of Jackson county.....jeesh

Last edited:

Viper43

And Columbus to your North may go encrypted too..... it's a disease that needs to be stopped as far as I am concerned, they don't need more than one encrypted channel ANYWHERE, and regular dispatch channels should not be encrypted.
BTW, ISP South DES is encrypted at times too

V

Status
Not open for further replies.