Aero 8900 KHz USB Unknown Aircraft

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I picked up this conversation On 8900 KHz USB while I was listening to other Aircraft down in Fort Erie Ont. at around 1:02 AM UTC, does anyone know who this frequency belongs too.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
There is an AIRINC freq 8903 used by
SFO...and a north Atlantic freq on 8906
He was right on 8900 KHz USB, They could have gone off frequency I suppose, no idea. But this is not the first time I have picked up someone talking on this frequency.
Steve

majoco

Stirrer
It doesn't sound like it was an 'official' ground station because he did call the aircraft "Captain" which makes me think that it wasn't an ATC station - they would have used the flight number or rego. The comment was made that "the copilot has gone to sleep already" which isn't a common occurrence so it may be a long-haul cargo flight.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't sound like it was an 'official' ground station because he did call the aircraft "Captain" which makes me think that it wasn't an ATC station - they would have used the flight number or rego. The comment was made that "the copilot has gone to sleep already" which isn't a common occurrence so it may be a long-haul cargo flight.
I have been doing searches on the internet and several web sites and find no mention of the frequency.
Steve

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm, the 123.45 of HF AERO? :) With the the ending of "73", I'm assuming the guy on the ground was a ham.
My guess, a little freebanding between two people who knew each other. I assume the HF radios on aircraft have some type of VFO.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I received this information, could be it ??
The ground station sounded very nice and clear. The accent sounded American English and it appeared as the aircraft was flying through Halifax and St John (Canada). The call sign(s) I heard in the recording were 7B3 JBQ.

Klingenfuss has the frequency listed as Aeronautical Mobile Service.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
I received this information, could be it ??
The ground station sounded very nice and clear. The accent sounded American English and it appeared as the aircraft was flying through Halifax and St John (Canada). The call sign(s) I heard in the recording were 7B3 JBQ.

Klingenfuss has the frequency listed as Aeronautical Mobile Service.
Even more than American English, it was an accent from the NE part of the USA....NY/NJ ish!