890XLT lost memory

Cognomen

Wandered into the radio room today, and discovered that my BC890XLT had lost all it's memories. First time this has happened; I guess the lithium battery needs replacing. Reprogrammed and it's happily scanning again. It's plugged in to my main 12v power supply, which is switched off when I'm not in the room.

Darn new-fangled gizmos; this never happens with my crystal scanners.

Cognomen

On the bright side, upon opening it up, I just discovered that this scanner has the BC002 CTCSS board installed! The scanner was only $10 at the last ham swap meet I attended, over a year ago.

And, darned battery is soldered in to the front panel, and will require a bit more disassembly to get to it. I'll remote the new one.

4436time

On the bright side, upon opening it up, I just discovered that this scanner has the BC002 CTCSS board installed! The scanner was only $10 at the last ham swap meet I attended, over a year ago.

And, darned battery is soldered in to the front panel, and will require a bit more disassembly to get to it. I'll remote the new one.
Sent my 890xlt in for a new battery a couple years ago and it doesn't hold the programming for more than a couple days, which was disappointing. It's not a great scanner but I like the looks and enjoy using it. It also has the CTCSS board. So I may replace it and also remote the new one, if possible.