8G Micro SD Card price compare ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD536HP accessories offers upgrade to 8G Micro SD Card for $59.95. shopping around, I found a UHRA 8 GB 10 UHS-1 micro SDHA memory card at $11.50. the difference in price leads me to believe I am missing something. When going to AMAZON, how do I know if I am purchasing the correct micro SD card.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Any Micro SD Class 10 card will work. I just picked up two 16GB at Microcenter for $10.00 each. I wouldn't bother with an 8GB card. That's if I could even find one.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have the 32GB version and they work well. The ones I got the other day are Kingston and the previous Kingston cards have been pretty good as well.

Like the previous poster noted, there should be no issue using any name brand micro sd card that is listed as UHS-1 or Class 10

Eg - this 16GB card for $8.98 shipped and depending where you live, same day or next day if you are prime. https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Micro-Adapter-SDSQUNC-016G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57SEE

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD536HP accessories offers upgrade to 8G Micro SD Card for $59.95. shopping around, I found a UHRA 8 GB 10 UHS-1 micro SDHA memory card at $11.50. the difference in price leads me to believe I am missing something. When going to AMAZON, how do I know if I am purchasing the correct micro SD card.
I suspect you were looking at this:
8G High Endurance Micro SD Card Upgrade for BCD436/536HP | Scanner Master

That $59.95 is for ScannerMaster to send you an 8gb card and "preload" the card with systems for your home county.

As has already been noted, micro-SD cards are available from dozens of outlets, with the basic card only being much less than 89.95.

GeekNJ

What am I missing here... Doesn't the 436/536 do this automagically by entering your zip/location? What is being done by scannermaster?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
They are making a Favorite list with local systems per your specifications.

It's not a scam in the sense that there are visually impaired and other folks unable to roll their own lists, and this service meets that need. But if you are technologically astute enough to post here, you're an idiot to pay that much to have someone else bonk your girlfriend for you.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I have no problem programming my scanners. Just don't know "squat" about the price of SD cards. That's why I asked the question................

Status
Not open for further replies.