90 Day Subscription - Paypal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezking

AFAIK no, you have to mail it in. I believe the reason for this is that with PayPal's fee schedule it's not economical to collect $7.50...

aeroz51

Thats understandable. One more quick question, is it easier for me to program my Uniden BCT8 with a subscription? I understand that I can download the frequencies into a CSV (excel). Can i then import those into the scanning software?

bezking

To program a scanner you wouldn't use the CSV downloads, you would need to use compatible software to pull the info in from RR and then into the scanner.

Butel software (Butel Software) sells RR-compatible software for the BCT 8. To use it, you subscribe to RR, buy the software, and then you just have to tell it where you are located and it will let you pick what you want to import into the scanner.

bezking

I've used the Butel software with one of my scanners (an old Radioshack Pro-528), and it worked OK. I would avoid the ScanControl software because they don't support the correct way of importing data from RadioReference into your scanner. I seriously doubt that "DataGrabber" nonsense that comes with ScanControl actually works with any degree of precision and it probably breaks every time the site's layout/design is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.