900 mhz part 15, FHSS repeaters, mobiles, portables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be nice to see a company like motorola or someone start making 900 MHz FHSS repeaters mobiles and portables that operate under part 15.

you are allowed 1 Watt and a 6db gain antenna.

so such an animal would be good for large job sites and neighborhood watch activities, campground and such.

makes you wonder why no manufacturer has stepped up to the plate.

i see nothing in the part 15 rules barring this type of operation on 900 mhz 2.4ghz or 5.8 ghz could be used as a repeater linking backbone for extended range and repeater synchronizing/simulcasting as well.

there could also be encryption and other advanced capabilities.

with everyone now vacating 900 mhz in favor of 1.9, 2.4, 5.8 ghz bands 900 is being under utilized in most area's.

something like this would be a big seller. especially to theme parks, campgrounds, parks departments, construction, etc.

stuff would eventually start to trickle down to us hobbyist users and would be a real nice advanced license free PRS.

portables could be 1 watt with a dipole antenna, mobiles can be 1 watt with a 5db mobile antenna.

repeaters and bases can have advanced features like repeater linking via 2.4 ghz and diversity receive transmit sector antenna's, base can have small yagi's or 4 bay dipoles.

jimvm

900 MHz FHSS radios

Keep your eye out for obsolete Ricochet radio modems. I find them very cheap at
electronic flea markets, usually under $10 new. I have several of them but no one to
talk with. Also check E-Bay for poletop radios. I have a CD containing schematics
and manufacturing test code to share.

There is a Wiki users group. Just Google 'Ricochet modem'.

Good luck.

jim vm

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Be nice to see a company like motorola or someone start making 900 MHz FHSS repeaters mobiles and portables that operate under part 15.

you are allowed 1 Watt and a 6db gain antenna.

so such an animal would be good for large job sites and neighborhood watch activities, campground and such.

makes you wonder why no manufacturer has stepped up to the plate.

i see nothing in the part 15 rules barring this type of operation on 900 mhz 2.4ghz or 5.8 ghz could be used as a repeater linking backbone for extended range and repeater synchronizing/simulcasting as well.

there could also be encryption and other advanced capabilities.

with everyone now vacating 900 mhz in favor of 1.9, 2.4, 5.8 ghz bands 900 is being under utilized in most area's.

something like this would be a big seller. especially to theme parks, campgrounds, parks departments, construction, etc.

stuff would eventually start to trickle down to us hobbyist users and would be a real nice advanced license free PRS.

portables could be 1 watt with a dipole antenna, mobiles can be 1 watt with a 5db mobile antenna.

repeaters and bases can have advanced features like repeater linking via 2.4 ghz and diversity receive transmit sector antenna's, base can have small yagi's or 4 bay dipoles.

Do you know about the C block spectrum that pretty much opens today? :lol:

A lot of wireless devices will come out do to it.

N

N_Jay

C-Block will be carrier crap with monthly charges.

How does that have anything to do with license free bands.

Oh wait, it was PG, never mind. (It only doesn't make sense, because we can't understand the advanced way he thinks):roll::roll:

In response to the OP's original topic, there are these:

TriSquare - 2-way Radio - Beyond FRS Beyond GMRS eXRS (TM) eXtreme Radio Service

and

DTR650™ Digital On-Site Portable Radio - Motorola USA

And this one which, I think, is less well known than the Trisquare and Motorola products:

EnGenius Telecom Products.

-Mike

I have a box full of SN-920 systems. I forget they offer full duplex repeated two way radio function.

one thing i would like to see added to the engenius phones is an IP based synchroniztion system to allow you to roam from base to base like a miniature cell system.

that would rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.