900 MHz Phones are Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

57Bill

New 900 MHz phones will be on sale at Rite Aid drug stores next week for $9.99. The phones are supposedly made by a company named Vextra.
And of course, these will be easily monitored on your scanner. Why not buy a few for your neighbors?!

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
My neighbors are smart, they bought the "voice scramble" kind. :lol:

If they only new...

Some of those 2.4 and 5 GHz models transmit the headset in the clear on 900 MHZ anyway. If you listen carefully you can hear the other party.

Most people now have spread spectrum and can't be heard. Unless you can break the PN code of which is the same for all models I guess....

Last edited:

RayAir

There's a few 900MHz and 2.4GHz analog phones by me. There are more 900MHz analog baby monitors though, which are just like little bugs running 24/7, real sensitive to. I don't listen in much, but if it stops on something interesting in a band search i'll listen.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Yeah, found a few of those too scanning that band. Pretty crazy what people say. :lol:

There's another device that can be monitored on shortwave as well. For the life of me I can't remember what it was.

Last edited:

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
900 MHz phones are back

There's another device that can be monitored on shortwave as well. For the life of me I can't remember what it was.

I believe you are thinking about the first generation split-band cordless phones, here:

Cordless telephone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't forget these guys.

Baby monitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Monitoring this stuff way back when, really opened my eyes to the crowd in my neighborhood that was praying on Sunday & sinning on Monday.

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.