900 or 1095 lack of keypad question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

With the PSR 900 / WS 1095, I have trouble understanding if I can program the unit like this, i.e., say a local manufacturer has four u.h.f. frequencies they use, that I locate during some type of limit search. They are only listed in F.C.C. files, but not on any R.R. file. I want to program those four into a separate channel/object. Could I do a simple task like that on a WS 1095. I honestly can't figure that out, I am not trying to be negative or cynical. I really hope the answer is "why absolutely".

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Most likely it will be the same menu system that is in the PSR-800. No easy way to program (or import) from the menu system. You'll need to do your programming from the software first, then upload the configuration to the radio.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Most likely it will be the same menu system that is in the PSR-800. No easy way to program (or import) from the menu system. You'll need to do your programming from the software first, then upload the configuration to the radio.

Why do you say "no easy way"? When I do a search and find a frequency or 5 that I want to keep I simply write them down as I find them with the pen and paper I almost always have with me ( I know, kind of nerdy of me:) ) and then when I get home I open EZ Scan Go to Scan list xx and hit the " New Channel" tab on the right side of the window and enter my info , then upload the new info and it takes maybe 5 mins. if I have a lot of freqs to type in two fingered

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Why do you say "no easy way"? When I do a search and find a frequency or 5 that I want to keep I simply write them down as I find them with the pen and paper I almost always have with me ( I know, kind of nerdy of me:) ) and then when I get home I open EZ Scan Go to Scan list xx and hit the " New Channel" tab on the right side of the window and enter my info , then upload the new info and it takes maybe 5 mins. if I have a lot of freqs to type in two fingered

As in, no easy way "from the front panel from the radio" without a keypad. If you use it as a base model, I agree. Just hook up the PC via the USB and use the software.

airwolfbell222

Premium Subscriber
I think it's easy using the 800 to store freqs found during a search, you select store channel and it dumps it into the wildcard scanlist. You can then access the frequency in the wildcard scan list and assign it to any scanlist you like all without using the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.