• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

900mhz Edacs To Lcra Conv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOH6713

Ok so when New Braunfels PD goes to Emergency TRX (10-33) on a channel the only way to monitor their traffic is to listen to their conv. freq, which is also a patch to LCRA dispatch. (all this is being done on the PRO 97) An officer explaind to me that he had no idea how it worked but that on their Orion's and LPE's it doesnt do anything. In other words it seems as if New Braunfels PD Dispatch changes all the officers radios for them remotly from HQ. How is this possible, what is actually happening, ect. ect. ? I know that a conv. freq cant be programmed into a radio with trunk or edacs freq's so is this maybe the control channel that has a patch or that their system gets swithed to?

FYI: To non Texas people, LCRA has a complex and HUGE radio system that is sharred through out S.E. Texas between Austin and San Ant. They operate on a 900mhz, EDACS freq range and have over 400 talk groups. ALL public saftey municipalities operate on this system that are in the area w/ the exception of Austin PD and San Ant PD. but both cities have patched/linked channels to the LCRA network. Included the sherrif offices in the counties that dont operate on LCRA network, they too have patches/links to the system, oh... and so does DPS.

Last edited:

rmiles

DOH9792 said:
In other words it seems as if New Braunfels PD Dispatch changes all the officers radios for them remotly from HQ. How is this possible, what is actually happening, ect. ect. ?QUOTE]

Two words, Dynamic Regrouping

morganAL

The other possibility would be that dispatch created a patch. When a 2 TG are patched together they are assigned a SAID (system assigned ID) for the duration of the patch. The CC sends updates to the radios that are currently on the TG and informs them of the SAID. Because of this, you can not scan into a patch. In your scanner, you program it to listen to TG xxx but during the patch the traffic is actually being broadcast on TG yyy.

DOH6713

MAN! I've come to the realization that ANYTHING is possible with radios. Both responses are very informal. They both make sense and i appreciate the input. However i'm probibly goin to lean to the SAID, due to the fact that with a Pro 96 the TG (main Dispatch) goto emergency traffic only, it seems to disapeer, and the TRX is only listenable on thier conventinal patch. This system is actually filled with patches so it makes sense. However i'm guessing too that both can be possibly done at the same time, which it sounds like SAID and Dyn Re-GRP are simular. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.