911 call from World Trade Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

911 Recording of a man that was on the 15th floor of the 2nd tower; caller is on the line as the build collapses.

May God bless the those who died and the family that lost them. May we never forget what happened that day in September.

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
As the five year anniversary approaches, let us NEVER forget those who perished at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and on board United Flight 93. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon them.

Capt. William "Harry" Thompson
Sgt. Mitchel Wallace
Sgt. Thomas Jurgens
New York State Courts
EOW 9/11/2001

Last edited:

bnn204

Not So Much!!!!!

I do not agree with your posting of this. I have my own reasons that I will not get into here. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry,
Chris

Chris0381

Do we have any calls from the plane that hit the Pentagon. I want to dispell rumors that it was a missle instead of a plane as one documentary tries to make us believe (it says there were no plane parts at the Pentagon). The documentary also goes on to say that one of the planes that hit the towers was a military plane. Can we clear this up with scanner communications.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi all,

"i agree that we must never forget but must we relive it constantly?"

YES! To quote a TV ad of years gone by regarding the Holocaust, "We shall never forget, we are JEWS." To add my own; We shall never forget, we are AMERICANS! Both were attacks against nations, both were attacks against innocent people in thier own homelands. If we forget such atrocities we are doomed as nations and as people, we shall cease to exist. Hate is the killer of the mind so let us not hate but remain ever alert and in defense.

"I do not agree with your posting of this. I have my own reasons that I will not get into here. Just my 2 cents."

Chris, your money is worthless without silver or gold to back it up. I'm sure we'd like to catch a glimpse of it, a voice in opposition is always welcome when presented in the proper manner. There are always two or more views and we need more than one to see the complete picture so anything you have to add to the discussion adds to our enlightenment.

"I witnessed 9/11 with my bare eyes. Still can't believe what I saw that day."

When I first heard of it I was busy with other things so I didn't turn the TV on just to see "a plane hit the Trade Center", I didn't think it important enough at that moment. My neighbors became more insistant so I switched it on just in time to see the second hit, THEN it became something BEYOND important that words can't describe. Out of curiosity I looked to the north and saw the column of smoke on the horizon, it hit home HARD.

I surely believe what happened that day and I'll never forget, I still feel the pain and probably always will. Those too young to have seen it happen and understand it's impact will thankfully never know the pain of a wound that never heals but I hope they understand that those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it.

In summation, I don't need to see the Hollywood version just released because I saw it happen and have an entire archive of pictures including the gory stuff most will never see. Being pricked in the wound by bits here and there like this thread is bad enough, I'm not masochist enough to sit through two hours of rubbing salt in the wound. I'd rather the scenes inside the buildings remain invisible and the telephone calls remain inaudible, not sticking head in sand but frankly enough is enough. Like I said we should never forget but there are limits to how much I can bear.

car2back

NightFox said:
i agree that we must never forget but must we relive it constantly?
would you rather we forget about it?

My Apologizes to all that don't "agree" with me posting this, no one forced you to open a thread titled:
" 911 call from World Trade Center "

phil_smith said:
would you rather we forget about it?

My Apologizes to all that don't "agree" with me posting this, no one forced you to open a thread titled:
" 911 call from World Trade Center "
My thoughts exactly.

KC1UA

Scan New England Guru
Database Admin
phil_smith said:
911 Recording of a man that was on the 15th floor of the 2nd tower; caller is on the line as the build collapses.

May God bless the those who died and the family that lost them. May we never forget what happened that day in September.
Yes, things like this may be controversial, but this is essential and incredibly disturbing listening. My only thought is for the family and that they are aware that this is out here, they have heard it, and have found some comfort despite it. I'd hate for them to inadvertantly stumble across it.

That said, we must never forget. Things like this are hard to listen to, but they are a reminder of the loss of that day and how we must do our best to avoid any such repetition.

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
NightFox said:
i agree that we must never forget but must we relive it constantly?
Yes, Nightfox...we must relive it, because being in the field I'm in, I see too many people who have forgotten, and just don't seem to care anymore. They cry and moan about searches, being questioned, etc. They NEED to be reminded of what happened that morning.

blueline_308

Thats the problem with most tax paying Americans...we are so busy supporting lazy people in this and other countries, that we forget things quickly. If we are not constantly reminded of it, we thank all is well and good and open ourselves up for another similar attack. When that happens all are asking, "how could this happen". So yes...there should be reminders everywhere of it and our anger should never diminish

Astrak

Does anyone remember the good that came of that day? Many Americans united, people actually helped people it seems after the years we have all kinda fallen back into the same old patterns of distrust and unwillingness to help another person. People are supposed to rise from horrible events stronger than they were before, "must we relive it", for some it helps and some it doesn't if you don't like reliving that day then don't relive it until you are comfortable. BNN204 if you don't have anything good to say don't say it at all, this would be good to keep in mind when on the topic of September 11th.

Status
Not open for further replies.