• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

911 Fly the Flag day

Status
Not open for further replies.

red8

I had just received an e-mail from a family friend urging Americans
to fly the flag as form of remeberence and support on Monday Sept.
11, 2006. The 5th anniversary of the 9-11 bombings of our troops and America . The goal is to get every American to fly the flag outside every home, business and every state, local, and federal
building as a form of rememberence and support to the surviviors
and loved ones that died from this terrible act .
Thanks for your support
red8

cnmsales

Premium Subscriber
Along side of flying the flag and supporting our trops and countrymen who suffered the horrific dayi encourage everyone to go to video.google.com and give your self a chance to watch Loose Change 2nd Edition. I dont want this to turn into a debate or flaming war but feel that i must speak my heart. God Bless everyone who suffered that horrific day. For them, may the truth, what ever it might be be told.

red8

Flying Wolf
I knew I could count on you, I fly mine everyday also. Plus I want to
thank you for your service. I appreciate what you have done for America!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi
red8

N4CYA

We do that everday! My dad served in the Us.Marines for 22 1/2 years and he served his country with honor and class. He served in Vietnam during the war. He doesnt tell me about the war much when he does say stuff about it he saids it was a hard on fight and you didnt know who was on your side, you see people walking up to you with live grenades and same with children. My dad told me he had to run to where a private just stood there after a young child ran over to him and handed him a live grenade so my dad had to talk him out of it and my dad had to throw it. I wish I coulda served in the Us.Marines but couldnt due to a bad right knee due to arthridis and health conditions of ashtma I just wanted to be like him. Hope everyone fly's they're America Colors either on the automobiles, big rigs, or whatever you have to drive or ride on. Jamie (Git-R-Done)

Rax

Dang all of ya. My flagpole fell off the garage a few weeks ago but I never put it back up.

Out to the garage I go...

red8

Hey Git-R-Done
Don't feel bad, I couldn't serve due to bad knees and blood clots. However I still support our troops past and present and
my dad served in the Army during Korea -The Forgotten War. And
my brother-in-law served in Germany during Nam.
-

N4CYA

red8 said:
Hey Git-R-Done
Don't feel bad, I couldn't serve due to bad knees and blood clots. However I still support our troops past and present and my dad served in the Army during Korea -The Forgotten War. And my brother-in-law served in Germany during Nam.-
I hear you on that one, I got to come into work with my dad on the base on some days when he was allowed by his commanding officer at the time, it was pretty neat he showed me around the base, and I got to sit in some of the vechicles like a big truck, a tank. That was alot of fun and had a great time seeing what my dad did!

flyingwolf

Ya'll aint gonna believe this.

Ok we went out at about midnight tonight to pick up some propane for our grill, (didnt think we had enough so to wal-mart we went).

We walked around and bit and we were on our way back home. Fully expecting to get pulled over just because it was late and a holiday and all, no worries there.

Well we are pulling onto main street (we live just off main) and we get pulled over, officer comes to the window does the normal thing, and finishes up.
Comes back to the car about 3 minutes later and comes over to my side (wife was driving), turns out he was in Wal-Mart the other day and had asked me some questions about buying a laptop.

Since I helped him out he was wondering if I could take a look at his laptop as it wasnt wanting to delete some files (long story short it was a virus, knoppix and 30 minutes and it was gone).

Anyway as he is following me back to the house we see a guy on my front porch, This is not normal, we are the only house on depot. (Right off main), guy see's that there is an officer behind me and gets up to run, he had stolen my Marine Corps flag and my Americal flag off the front of my porch. And he was trying to stuff them in a backpack.

Well I hoped out of the car, took off after the guy and the officer drove ahead real fast, pulls up and the dude turns to swing at me, you should of seen the look on his face when the officer gives him a nice set of barbs right in the back, that boy went down like a sack of taters.

Needless to say I got my Flags back, got to help catch the guy stealing from me (already stole my lawn mower last week) and now have a good friend in the local police.

Oh yea, I got my mower back too, his pickup was parked out in the field (with my mower in the back still) so he could run out to it and head on over the rail road tracks.

Eventfull night, I am glad I decided we needed the propane.

flyingwolf

Yup.

And the officer stopped over today to get his laptop back.

Seems I may have pulled something while I went and "John Wayned" the guy (My wifes words)
Damn back wont stop hurting.

Oh well, nothing that a couple of hours relaxing after tonights big meal and a glass of warm brandy wont cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.