911 Freq. In Green/Springfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordoant

Hi,
I'm new to scanning and I was trying to find a 911 Freq. for Green/Springfield Missouri.
I Know Webster has a 911 freq. of 158.85000 FM.... And Marshfield Missouri has a freq. of 155.52000 for their PD... However I am unable to figure out if Springfield Missouri has a Specif. 911 Emergency freq. so I will not have to jump around from freq. to freq. since they have the 800 mZ w/ many freq?

So any ideas or am I just being silly?

Thanks Again!

jayres

Premium Subscriber
You will need a scanner that will work on a 800 MHz Type II Motorola Trunking System, then you will need to decide which talkgroups (agencies) you want to listen to. The Springfield PD Talkgroups are always busy so you will hear stuff on them.

There is not just one single frequency assigned for each function, that is the nature of the trunking system, to use a "bank" of frequencies, and as needed, controlled by a computer.

Any questions?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Is your Scanner able to monitor trunk frequencies? What kind of scanner is it?

jayres

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a scanner that will work on the system at the moment. I used to have a Radio Shack Pro-2067 that worked great on it though.

cordoant

Thanks For All Of The Info. It really Helped...
I entered in all of the 800 freq. into a bank and just scan them,a little later may be someone can give me directions for limiting the scan to just one conversation.

Thanks Again So Much,

S.C.

PS sorry for miss typed words I'm using A small PDA and it's hard to write on this thing.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.