915 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I am listening to a landline phone on 915 Mhz in WFM, I couldn't make it out very well until I switched to WFM? I thought wfd was for radio stations only. I have also heard aircraft on wfm, the tower could hear and understand them but I couldn't until I switched to wfm?
So if you are hearning communications and you think that it is not coming in very well, try changing the mode of reception.

Moonbounce

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It's a cordless phone and yes, wideband FM is the preferred mode to monitor them in.

moonbounce

Yes that would be cordless, but wide fm is the exception, most of the conversations I hear are NFM in the 900 to 929 frequency range. The conversation I heard was of poor quality so I decided to change the mode from NFM to WFM and the conversation came in crystal clear.

gary123

you will also find that some of the drivethroughs are WFM in that freq band

moonbounce

Now I find that since paying more attention to the 900 to 930 Mhz range, the 900 to 910 is NFM, 910 to 920 is WFM and 920 to 930 is NFM. Not to say that is per verbatim as it is mixed up a little with some NFM in the 910 to 920 MHZ. I have yet to hear any WFM in anything but 910 to 920.
Fortunately for me, I can change the mode on my radio, my other radio I only get NFM in the 900 mhz band so some phones I can't hear with that radio, but a lot I can hear with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.